Ziess warranty

Weiserbucks

Very Active Member
I posted this here as the optics section doesn't get as much traffic . I have a Ziess rifle scope that was severely damaged as the result of a burglary . I am the original owner but never registered it . I have sent them an email and am awaiting their response . What should I expect ? Repair ? Replacement ? Credit towards a new one ? Or am I screwed because I never registered it ?

I've sent a slightly damaged older conquest scope in for a repair. I was a little worried, it also had never been registered. The same scope stopped being build a few years back, so they upgraded to the newer scope, no questions asked. Zeiss warranty department has always been awesome.

NVMDF

That should be covered under your home owners insurance (valuable property). Since it was damaged as a result of an act, I would not expect Zeiss to do anything...Leupold either. If you fall on your rifle scope while hunting and break it...it's your fault not the company's fault, same here.

I understand that the damage is not Ziess' fault , Im just not sure what to expect . My renters insurance is a joke and will cover approximately 25% of the total damage to all my items . Iv never warrantied an optic , Ziess or otherwise , just trying to hear from others how their experience was . Regardless of the outcome , I have nothing but good things to say about Ziess products , I didn't start this thread to bad mouth Ziess . I doubt that there's an optic in the world that would have survived the abuse .

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom