Zion Desert Ram Tag/Intel

PleaseDear

Long Time Member
My buddy drew a Non-Ressy tag/Rifle.

I was suppose to be down there in Mid-April get a good look around and give him some pointers but the C-19 put a big mess on my plans and I didn't go after all Dang it.

I sure could use some Intel and maybe go from there ~~Please

I prefer Email over PM's

Thanks so much,

Robb

[email protected]

Chad Mendes drew that tag at the expo and put the hunt on youtube. With not much scouting shouldn't be to hard to figure out where he was hunting.

I saw a post by Mossback that had him and his sheep in it. I would assume he had them “guide” the hunt, and paid them, or why else would he be okay with them using the photo instead of promoting his own guiding service. Either way, it doesn’t matter to me as he punched a dream tag, but I found it interesting. Anyone have knowledge on this?

That guy is super lucky has drawn numerous OIL tags with under one percent odds... some people have all the luck.

Drive around a bit after watching the video and you should easily be able to figure out where they are looking for rams. That’s where I would start and branch out from there.

They didn’t hide it very well and immediately recognized where he’s hunting.

Robb, you know I'm not gonna be much help with this but, here goes. A few years ago the wife and I went west for a vacation. we stayed in the park for 2 days, you should have seen the wifes face when 3 rams ran across the road right in front of us (Her first sheep sightings). That happened when we were heading east out of the park heading towards the north side of the G.C. Once we exited the park I stopped a few times to survey, I did see a few ewes for the road. I seem to remember alot of white or light colored rock formations in that area, thought that was odd. I know its not much but its all I have. Good luck man
Bill V

Robb, you know I'm not gonna be much help with this but, here goes. A few years ago the wife and I went west for a vacation. we stayed in the park for 2 days, you should have seen the wifes face when 3 rams ran across the road right in front of us (Her first sheep sightings). That happened when we were heading east out of the park heading towards the north side of the G.C. Once we exited the park I stopped a few times to survey, I did see a few ewes for the road. I seem to remember alot of white or light colored rock formations in that area, thought that was odd. I know its not much but its all I have. Good luck man
Bill V

Most of the hunting occurs south towards the Arizona boarder since the park sheep are protected in the park. .

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom