Zoleo

BIGJOHNT

Long Time Member
How many of you have used the Zoleo ? Sounds like it maybe a easy way to get texted out to family members when in a areas with no coverage. I would like to hear input from anyone that has used one.

I went a head and got one. Pretty cool little devise. Just turn it on and blue tooth to your smart phone ! Then you can send a texted message to anyone anywhere right from your smart phone.

The plans are 20 35 and 50 bucks a month. You can shut it off for three months for four dollars a month when not needing the device. I went with the 35 dollar a month plan 250 text messages. I can texted anyone from my smart phone. You can also program messages from the ZOLEO no need unless your phone goes dead. Also a SOS to get help. You can send your location at anytime. It also has a shows where you are on a map. No need for another Zoleo to answer your messages since it Bluetooths to your phone. Working so good so far. It will also be used to get messages out from our cabin. Where we have no service. Also in case of emergency. Also put it on my dash and can texted and send and receive messages In no service areas.

Can this be used with someone else in your party? Does the second person need to have service to receive the text or do they need one as well

Can this be used with someone else in your party? Does the second person need to have service to receive the text or do they need one as well
This just need to have the App on their phone. Multiple people can use the same device. If you mean can you text someone that is also in the back country with you and they are not close to you then yes, they would need their own device if they also didn't have a regular phone signal.

After having it for a year the Zoleo is working great. We just leave it at the cabin. Anyone in the family can just link there app to it and send a text message just like normal. It does come from a different number so I do Id my self when texting. When hiking I just strap it to my pack and never miss a message.

After having it for a year the Zoleo is working great. We just leave it at the cabin. Anyone in the family can just link there app to it and send a text message just like normal. It does come from a different number so I do Id my self when texting. When hiking I just strap it to my pack and never miss a message.
Thanks for sharing a good solution BigJ.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom