Zone t deer population

Good if you have private access. Winter not too bad right now. Lots of snow out towards Nebraska.

I live near there. Deer population is pretty stable. The public lands get hammered, so don't expect quality or even much of a chance to get away. It's just not rugged or remote country. Not the greatest habitat so not lots of huge deer, but some good ones are taken there every year. If you decide to hunt there, I would recommend you contact the Lusk/Niobrara County Chamber of Commerce and get a copy of their landowner list, and then line up a place to hunt before you apply for a license.

We guide hunters in T and we are not even taking any deer hunters in 2017 because I feel like the deer need a rest.

Best of luck in your hunts.

I hunted this area with a buddy and his friend, who is a local, last fall. We ended up shooting good bucks on private towards the end of the week after coming up empty on public. We did see a few bucks on public, but nothing worth putting a tag on. The better areas where our friend had spotted some shooters were covered up in orange on opening weekend. The limited public ground really limits your options when someone else beats you to your plans and you'll end up driving lots of miles between areas to hunt.

It would be easier for me to go back and find deer after hunting the area, but I don't think it's worth the time unless you have a lead on some private for a back up plan. It seemed to me that most of the locals had already located the good bucks, much like my friend had, and were there opening day to shoot them. Obviously there is some huge deer in this area based on pictures of deer I seen harvested on private ground.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-27-17 AT 06:45AM (MST)[p]There are normally non-resident permits left over after the main draw for a reason. Tons of private land. A lot of public land is land locked by private.

If you are a resident go somewhere with more public access with your general permit. I only hunt t because I live here, but I try to head elsewhere when I can.

Archery is not as crowded, but it is still crowded. If you have the money for a trespass fee you would be better off going that route.

Dillon
Www.dillonhoyt.com

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom