Colorado unit 25

austinjburn

Curious if anyone has hunted 25 for deer? Just looking for any sort of direction or thoughts towards the unit. Gonna go out for 3rd season

I have spent a lot of time in unit 25, Killed my 1st muzzleloader deer in that unit. I have spent most of my time up by Sheep mtn. at the north end of the unit. Lots of elk too. Depending on snow by 3rd season I would still go up there. If too much snow I would look at the blm on the east side of the unit. What I like about Sheep Mtn, hard to get to and saw very few hunters. As far as quality bucks, they are in there but hard to hunt. You will see a lot of small bucks but it holds some decent ones. Planning a trip up there this summer.

CPW added about 500 additional tags to 25/26 2nd and 3rd rifle for this year. Not sure why they did this. only thing I can think of was they needed someplace to put the 1000 or so tags they took away from the unit 18/27 kremmling hunt code to another area. 25 is going to be a literal Zoo this year.

I spent 14 days hunting from daylight to dark during the September archery season in unit 25. I never saw a single mule deer or many elk for that matter. I hunted and covered a ton of ground in those 2 weeks.

Glad to see other guys hunting/liking the unit. I will never go back there. I certainly wouldn't want to hunt deer there. If I did, it would be low on the mountain as I saw a few deer driving in from the truck down by the private land.

Take it for what it is as this was several years ago.

I did take this picture of a little bear while I was there though. lol

IMG_3998.JPG

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom