075 Elk, Rifle, Helping Old Friend

dancermatt

A long time friend who is retired, has deer hunted and camped on the east side of the Humboldts and west of the 95 for the last 30+ years without missing a year so he knows that area very well. He's been collecting points for the last 11 years and got his tag for Elk in 075. He has a side by side, will be moving his 5th wheel into 75. He'll be taking the time to scout prior to opening day. He's in good shape for his age but won't be back packing in of course. He can hike a mile or two from his side by side. He'll be hunting in Nov. This will be his one and only Elk hunt in Nev and I'd like to help him in some way. He will have help to get animal off the mountain, he will butcher his own, so I need help on where he might focus his attentions. PM me if you're more comfortable with that. Thanks, Matt

LAST EDITED ON May-30-13 AT 09:33AM (MST)[p]First of all, any Nevada Elk hunt can be wonderful. The only issue with 075 is that a lot of the unit is private, or private blocks access to public land. It is one of the few areas in Nevada that is that way. I'm not sure if your buddy wants or can hire a guide, but I do know that some guides have access to some of the ranches in that area. If he does not or cannot hire a guide - which I would not want to either - it wouldnt hurt to call up the landowners and ask permission. One of the good things about the late tag is the possibility that weather can push them around, and hopefully off of the private land. With the weather around here lately, you just never know. Mind if I ask whether he is a resident or non-resident?

I also have the same tag, I will be hunting the early season. is your buddy plan on doing any pre scouting. I plan on heading out that way sometime next month. If he wants to team up on this outing let me know.

Shedneck, thanks for responding. My friend is strongly thinking of hiring a guide and he has the time to scout, and speak with land owners as well. I'll pass your information on to him for sure. Thanks, Matt

180plus, thanks but he's not going to be there till end of Aug. to so some camping/scouting for deer tag 1st, then he'll go over to 75 and scout, etc. He goes up there every year for 2 to 3 months to camp/hunt if he draws. Do you have any infor for me for my early rifle/back pack/mule deer hunt for me and son? Thanks, Matt

My first hunt in this area I will be making a few trips up there this summer scouting out the place. I'll let you know if I have any deer sightings.

Matt - if you or your friend need any thing while you are in this part of the country, dont hesitate to ask. I live very close to that unit.

Hello shedneck. Are you out of Wells or Elko? I drew a muzzy Bull tag for 072-074. I from down South. And will be up that way next month scouting. Not looking for specifics, but if you have any info that you are willing to share I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

I, too, would love any information on 075. It sounds like the most valuable information could be simply who to talk to to get access. ANY information is extremely appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks shed. I will try to recover message. I'm borderline computer illiterate.

180, thanks but my son and I are going to be up in the Rubies between the lakes and Long Canyon. We're packing in and I'm going up there this summer/Aug to scout for 3 or 4 days. Any input of these areas or more would be greatly appreciated. PM if you need too. Matt

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom