$1,000 15x binos

m_freeman

I want to pull the trigger on a pair of 15x binos in the $1,000 range. Looking at the Docter Nobilems, The Vortex Kiabab and the Minox. I had such a bad experience with the Chinese made Zen rays that I am leaning towrds the Docter Nobilems. I assume the Vortex is Chinese and not sure about the Minox. Anyone use any of these? Are the Docter Nobilems up to the task of long range hi rez observation?

LAST EDITED ON Nov-09-11 AT 09:24AM (MST)[p]I have not looked through the Doctors, but I own the Minox and a friend has the Vortex. They are both very comparable, but the Vortex are quite a bit lighter in weight. I assume you have looked at cameralandny.com? Doug has had some great buys on the Minox, that is where I got mine.

I bought the 8.5x43 HG asp from CameraLand NY very very happy with them. Little reluctant to but any Chinese optics.

I have the Minox 15 and there really good glass but they're very heavy to pack around your neck all day . I've look at the Vortex 15 and I like the fact there a lot lighter and they look good at the store when I look through them. I've been told they have a good warranty too. There's one more glass you might want to consider. Its not a 15 but a 12. Cabela's Cabela's Euro? Binoculars my brother has a pair of these and I've look through them out hunting and there very good glass and not to heavy.

quest

i own the vortex.just got back from 10 days in wyoming hunting elk and deer.they are awesome.they are also made in japan not china.i cannot imagine a beter glass in this price range.the kiababs are the way to go in my opinion.

>i own the vortex.just got back
>from 10 days in wyoming
>hunting elk and deer.they are
>awesome.they are also made in
>japan not china.i cannot imagine
>a beter glass in this
>price range.the kiababs are the
>way to go in my
>opinion.

yeh lookin good, I have had good experiences with the better made Japanes optics.

Love my Docters! Hard to find and maybe a little heavy but ultra clear. If I couldnt find any Docters I would look at the Vortex.I thought they were made in the USA? BH1

>Love my Docters! Hard to find
>and maybe a little heavy
>but ultra clear. If I
>couldnt find any Docters I
>would look at the Vortex.I
>thought they were made in
>the USA? BH1

the 8x56 docter nobilems have been tested by allbinos to the the very best in it's class and attributed much of this to the basic nobilem porro prism design, I assumed same or similar for the 15x nobilems.

I own the Docters. I have hunted with the Kaibabs. I have also hunted with the Swaro 15. Although I love the clarity of my Docters and the 60mm objective helps with brightness and clarity, I give the edge to the Kaibab. The weight issue just makes the Docter's so much harder to use. The Kaibab can be worn in a harness and used all the time. With my 15's I end up carrying two pairs of glass and that adds a lot of weight.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-22-11 AT 10:07PM (MST)[p]^^^^^ I am assuming you carry the 15x and a 7x or 8x I wondered how the 15x worked with such a narrow field of view at the closer ranges assuming this would actually handicap a hunter vs the 8x. I really don't know as I never used the 15x

I carry my Swarovski 8x30 on a harness. The 15's are in my pack. I cannot hold them still without a tripod.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom