???

Ebay sheds description:

This is a huge, massive, hard brown set of wild yellowstone elk shed antlers. These antlers were shed on a thick forested hill side and and were found on May 1st during the day long elk antler hunt in yellowstone. There is no damage to these antlers from the weather and only a couple very very minor chips in the end of a few points. Hardly even noticeable. This bull has it all, with over a 22 inch sword and unbelievable 5ths, the pictures do not do this set justice. This is the biggest set I have ever sold on ebay before. Any questions, please ask, shipping will be between 50 and 100 dollars, depending on where you live, due to the size of this hog bull elk. No reserve on this bad boy, high bidder wins this once in a lifetime set.

Hmmmm, sounds like he wants to go to jail if he's openly saying he found these on the Yellowstone!!
Unless....they had a very discrete shed hunt up there without advertising it!!

That must be a typo.
They will hang you up by your short hairs if you even think about packin an antler out of Yellowstone. My wife knows a guy that lives in Big Sky. He poached some antlers out of the park and one of them had a transmitter in it! When he drove out they had the reciever waiting at the park boundry and followed him to his house. Before it was over they confiscated all of his antlers,his photo albums and gave him a big ticket. Now he does his huntin on the outside.

how bout it Dinkshooter? When I read this It came across to me that Yellowstone held a day long antler find activity thinger bob..

that lard ass doesn't look like he could walk 10 feet without keeling over from a heart attack, let alone haul those out in a discrete way...now he is a poach'in lard ass...

I saw this on ebay as well. I wrote the guy and asked about it. And said that i would be worried about bidding on or buying horns that were picked up in the park since it is illegal. This was his response:
"No worries, on May 1st of every year, everyone lines up at a gate and at daylight, they let you pick up anything, even racks, plus there is a bunch of boyscouts that pick up the antlers and sell them, so actually, there are a lot of horns out there that are from Yellowstone. You ought to look into it."

So the obvious reference is to the closure on the other side of the refuge in Jackson, buthis facts seem to be a bit messed up since they don't let you touch the refuge itself. Sounds like he is making it up or never really been there to me.

He sent me the exact same response - word for word. I think he must have heard about Utah's northern region shed season opening on May 1st and decided to give it a try in Wyoming's northern region. I'll bet everyone was lined up at the gate just to get into the park and nobody else in that line knew anything about an open shed antler harvesting day at Yellowstone. He's pretty lucky to be the only one out there, Huh?

HOLY CRAP!!!!! I just checked some of his previous auctions, and found out that this is the same gomer that was auctioning his time to go shed hunting for other people. I can't believe this guy is dumb enough to think he can get away with this. I about fell off my chair I was laughing so hard.

I have seen many of his auctions and it is funny that all of his sheds say they were picked up on may 1st or within days of shedding. Many of his horns are obviously from ranch or farm bulls as they are extremeley white. I have wrote and asked if they were from farm bulls and he got so mad, he told me to never write him again and gave me crap for calling them horns instead of antlers....would never answer my question about if they were from a farm bull or not....seems to be full of crap. Last year when I wrote me a question on ebay he was listed as living in Logan, Utah...so I am sure he knows of the may 1st law as you guys mentioned above

That story will get some attention from the Federalies I hope!
They are REALY just a nice set of Wyoming Jackalope horns!

Time in the hills is always worth more than money

Im with Toughshed.. Ive concluded that he is a Jackass and a Lard Ass.. If he were anywhere near yellowstone them "horns" would of got up and ran off from his bad stench approaching..

Wow!!! you guys can't come up with anything better than personal attacks? I'll bet none of you know what this guy smells like, and he doesn't look that fat to me (at least not compared to me). This whole post is about a guy advertising that he picked up some elk sheds in Yellowstone and is advertising that fact, and everybody I know thinks it is illegal.

I'm sure if he actually did what he is claiming to do and didn't get caught, he probably didn't do any actual damage to the supposedly fragile ecosystem in the park. There's plenty of sheds to keep the rodents happy, and I don't think these two will be missed.

Maybe he's volunteering for that court case that will get these shed hunting laws overturned. - If that's the case, he's my new hero.

it is just funny that he is advertising that they are from Yellowstone park. Made me laugh

if yellowstone did have a one day hunt, i know for sure i would be there, and 2, people would be finding 400 inch racks with out a doubt.this guy sounds a little 2-faced to me.

It sounds like a lot of peopele are concerned about this guy. I don't think it is the fact that he DID pick them up in Yellowstone, it is just the fact that I have been there and DIDN'T pick them up, if in fact he did pick them up in Yellowstone, why can't everybody pick them up in Yellowstone.

I emailed this guy also and this was his response:
"Nothin I posted could get me in trouble, the words National Park, appear no where in my description. Your assuming everything!! Thanks for the concern, but as you should know, bull elk have long legs and can move long distances, so if I watch a bull in yellowstone, and he happens to shed in an area where it is legal to pick up antlers, why not call him a yellowstone bull???"

Hey, everybody, I'm the guy that had the auction on ebay about the "yellowstone" antlers, and all the screwy auctions on ebay. Let me just say that I love watchin everybody get all fired up about this stuff!!! It blows me away that you all care this much about antlers and who finds them or where they are from. I say, keep it commin boys, I'll get another auction on there that pisses everybody off. "Like i really found them in Yellowstone National Park". Come on!!! By the way, watchin my response to a question on ebay get posted on this site within 10 minuets is a HOOT!!

Great response Trash! Your the man! Keep it going! Everybody cheer for trash! hehehehe!

Wow this is funny. I know these guys and they are good folks. The older guy in the photos has done more to increase/improve elk and deer habitat in his career than you can imagine. They are hard core horn hunters, not stupid criminals. Maybe calling them Yellowstone antlers wasn't the best description, but I can't belive how quick MM guys are to judge. This site cracks me up sometimes.

Dax

Well said Dax, the old man appreciates the comment!! We'll see what kind of future enlightenment MM guys can share about my future auctions. I know I and thousands of other people have been entertained!!! I think Toughshed and Rammu ought to come on a hike with "the lard asses". Go lard asses!!!

I'd happily be called a "lard ass" if I could have a bone pile like this old boy does. Ehh!!!

Trash.. You "lard Assess" Going on a hike with me is like comparing a Wounded Wart Hog to a Rocky mountain goat.. "lard assess" being the wounded Wart Hog.. Oh now Im getting mean. I really do think your good folk..

Trust me, you couldn't keep up...I went 9 miles on my 50th birthday with 8 ounces of gatorade, drank three beers, slept two hours, got up and went 5 miles the next day at 7500 feet...and I have a basement full of antlers that I PICKED UP and didn't buy on ebay...

"Need some antlers? Get'em the lazy way on EBAY!"

I think misrepresentation is the issue most are having with it. Yellowstone was in the description. You can call it whatever you want at your garage sale according to your technicalities and by word of mouth, but I don't think you're allowed to misrepresent a sale whether online or in print. It is misleading and misrepresented, no matter how you look at it. I think your account can and should be suspended, no matter how much elk habitat you've accounted for. There is too much online fraud in these types of businesses, and nobody is the wiser, most will just take your word for it. Its that mentality that makes others worry about purchasing online.

For all I know, my wife was trying to buy me a cool present, and she got ripped because someone was allowed to misrepresent some huge elk antlers on ebay. How would she feel when someone who knows better tells her? Just an example, but its not cool, however you look at it?

I agree with JASN, the point here is the obvious lying or dishonesty. If I am going to buy a antler on ebay, I don't want to buy one taken illegally. they are just antlers, so be up front and just tell people the truth.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom