12 Year old shots antelope from wheelchair

R

Rasslin

Here is a link to a video of a great hunt. Joey Jacobson is a 12 year old boy from Gardnerville, Nevada. Joey was involved in a tree falling accident which left him in a wheelchair. Through the efforts of Nevada Outdoorsmen in Wheelchairs and Northern Nevada Outdoors Magazine?s, Cody Louk ?Dream Keeper Foundation?, Joey was able to harvest his first big game animal. If you know any outdoorsmen or women who could benefit from the two organizations, please contact Jim Billingsley at 775-304-3003.

Hats off to Rob, Cody, Jim, Clint and all the others who were on this hunt. Joey's smile says it all. That's what it is all about. Watching the video gives me a lump in my throat.

Joey: Awesome shot ! Congratulations on your trophy, we hope it is the first of many more.

Alex

Something that kid will never forget. Good for him and for those who put the hunt together.

Great job Joey!!!! Thanks to a great organization!! The smile on his face is priceless!!!! If it had been my boy i would of been so happy i would of been balling like a baby!!
Great job Jim for helping bring that experience to these kids!!

Awesome post! Thanks for sharing your hunt...a lifetime of memories for those who helped and the young hunter, too.Congratulations to all of you who made it possible. W-a-ay Cool!

LAST EDITED ON Sep-08-10 AT 12:51PM (MST)[p]I have to tell you guys that this kid has been an inspiration to all of us who live in gville. My son is one of his best friends and we have been with Joey and his family along with countless other families every step of the way. We spent quite a bit of time on the rifle range with Joey and he literally worked his butt off learning how to shoot in his condition post-accident. Joey, is a true miracle, given almost no chance at living and no chance of living a quality life. Joey is a determined, happy and courageous youg man who will continue to inspire others. I want to express my sincere thanks to the people of the Carson Valley, Sportman's Warehouse, Lee Baker, Rob, Jim Billingsley, Jim Nelson and Larry Johnson,(2 board members with NBU who really spearheaded this hunt), and Cabelas came through for me at the last minute with about $900 worth of equipment to make this hunt a reality in addition to what they gave Joey at NBU 2 years ago. All of the people at Hunters in Wheel chairs have been amazing, and the guide, Cody, has a history with the Jacobsen family going back 2 generations that no one knew about until the hunt! They say tragedy brings about the best in people and this is proof postive of the best of people! When life has you down, remember this young man and how hard he fights every day and see the future for what it is, an opportunity to make a difference in someone's life.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom