120 days and Counting

Cozmo8

I leave for Tok, Alaska on August 16th for a sheep hunt. Anbody else out there getting pumped.

I didn't draw a TOK tag,but I am envious. Had you put in for many years? How tough of hunt is that? All backpack I would assume.

Sorry if I mislead anyone. I DO NOT have a Tok MA tag I am hunting the open unit. I applied for TMA and also the Delta MA and did not draw. I am going with Matt Snyder from Tok. It is my understanding that almost all of the hunts he runs are backpack only.

Cosmo:

You are one lucky dude! I am booked for the second hunt in Aug 07 with another outfitter in the Alaska Range. I saw Matt's web site. He looks like a great outfitter with some beautiful country. Good luck and take lots of pictures on your hunt. This sheep hunt is my first, and the anticipation is KILLING me!
Is this your first hunt?

I also am on the second hunt this year. I booked with Matt over two years ago, this was his only opening. He does not like to book more than 2 years in advance. I drew a Rocky Mtn Sheep tag in Idaho last year, totally unexpected on my first try. This will be my first guided hunt. I think that the only thing that limits Matt and other guides is the physical condition of their hunters. This is my number one concern---being in shape!

I aplied for a B.C. resident dall sheep tag but didn't get drawn! A friend got it 2 years ago but got 2 days of hunting in and 11 days to familierize himself with the inside of his tent in a snow storm! He's a guide and was really unhappy to not beable to hunt. Trip of a lifetime just to be ruined by some of that white stuff(snow)

Good luck with ur hunt i hope u connect with succes!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom