14 ELK POINTS

MY DAD AND I HAVE BEEN BUILDING POINTS FOR UNIT 61. IS IT WORTH HOLDING OUT FOR THE 1ST SEASON WITH ONLY 5 HUNTING DAYS OR SHOULD I TRY FOR THE 8 DAY 2ND SEASON?

Definately first season. Most years, they are still rutting somewhat. Five days is plenty if you come early and scout.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Assuming you are a non resident, it could be a decade or more wait for 1R. 61 1R jumped two points last year. Do others agree?

My father and i have 12 points, he is 71. For us we need to seal the deal this year for him, while he can enjoy it. I am having him apply for a tag that should be a slam dunk. We should have burned our points 5 years ago.

Ryan V

I've been there hunting deer during the third season and I saw plenty of bulls heard some quiet bugling too.

Manza are you a res or non-res? If you are a non res you will be waiting a few years for the 2nd,3rd or 4th season tag and a LONG time for the 1st season. I think you can find good bulls in the later rifle seasons btw if your willing to hunt in some of the steep nasty canyons.

Oh and by the way in my opinion i would choose the 4th rifle season over the 2nd or 3rd. Better chance for snow and the least amount of hunters. Just my 2cents

you might get lucky by the year 2016. if theres no point creep.if you go there and scout a few days before opener,you can kill a six point by first light.first season is the way to go.bulls are still rutting.2nd third, and fourth season you could get snowed out. you have a 34% chance this year of getting one of the later tags.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom