14 Year Old Son's CO 2nd Season Bull

cowhitey

LAST EDITED ON Nov-10-17 AT 10:47PM (MST)[p]Well he's basically spoiled now but deserved this one. We hunted 7 of the 9 days with him passing a few 300" 6x's saying he was only gonna shoot a big one. He missed one bigger than this on the opening day and that was the driver for him holding out. 7x6. Had he not broken off his right G3 he'd of scored 373" gross green but who cares he's a giant.

32175img8604.jpg

What a great bull, congrats!

Passing multiple 300 class bulls during second season... you guys must have a great little honey hole..

Congratulations to your son amd sticking with it. That takes some doing in passing up 300" class Bulls! Was that public or private? Either way, fantastic bull. Be a great challenge for him to try and top this one next year!

Congratulations, to you and your son on a great bull! I'm sure wish my second season elk hunt had turned out like that!

Thanks Guys!

It was private land that we got access to for him only. It's a 1 point draw unit. He was very fortunate to have this opportunity and he was willing to swing for the fence or go home empty handed since he has a late season cow tag. He really just wanted to shoot one "bigger than Dad's". Which he did.

Nice bull! Don't feel too bad about the broken third, that just means he was beating the crap out of the smaller bulls.

Good looking Bull, He knocked that one out the park, Your up old Dad lets see what Ya got. LOL I hope you can get one as nice or bigger and show him the old guys can get it done too.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Congratulations to that youngster! Very cool...

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com
on Facebook!

That is an awesome bull, those beams are crazy! Hopefully your boy has learned a great lesson about patience and perseverance.

2a0fcsk.gif

Thanks guys. He appreciates the congrats. It probably is an elk of a lifetime for him.

He should have him back from taxidermist in less than 30 days. We had his broken right 3rd fixed to match the left one. An elk like that deserves to be displayed with what he grew.

He definitely understands that patience and perseverance pays off but probably needs a reality check too! LOL.

How freaking awesome!! Love it when kids get sucked in.

Bit be honest, who was more excited?

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun"

My son was on cloud nine but I'll admit I may of been a little more excited watching him succeed in holding out for a bull bigger than his Dad. Also between the 2 of us I was definitely the only one who fully understand that this was a once in a lifetime bull for anyone. He'll learn that in his hunts in the next few years.

We knew from scouting that there were 3 bulls that frequented this property that were 350+ so the decision to hold out was pretty easy for him. He probably won't ever have the opportunity to hunt this place again but another kid will which is awesome. He made the best of it.

Thanks for all the congrats to my son. He enjoys them.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom