140 gr core-lokt ultra bonded???

It's a step up over the older standard Core-Lokt, but I would not consider it a tough bullet like the Nosler partition or similar bullets. It would be a good bullet for deer and similar size animals, but I personally would not use it on elk unless I limited my shots to broadside lung hits.

RELH

Yeah, what he said. I would step up to a 160 for Elk. BUt it would do the job provided you do yours and dont shoot him head on or ass on.....

:( Somebody didn't like bouncing betty :(

I use 140's in my 270 for deer, does great, hits bone and mushrooms perfeftly. I also use the 180 grains in my 300 win mag for elk. Have killed two cows so far. One was about 250 yards, hit a couple ribs and went clear through her. I think there a great bullett.

i dont know what there getting thrown at, i dont reload and dont chrono them. There factory.

It is a bonded bullet. You can compare it to Accubonds or Interbonds. The Ultra will hold together as well or better than the Partition. As a matter of fact, the Accubond was developed to act like a Partition while having an accuracy advantage. mtmuley

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom