18b Javelina Help?

mickeyelk

Very Active Member
I got the Ham tag this year and have normally hunted in and around Trout Creek. Need a few more places to try in case the river is over flowing as in the past. Help!

My favorite unit to hunt and guide in!

867logan_martin-don-_and_jimmy_martin_11-2012.jpg

If you want professional help, call me otherwise may see you up there.

302jay_chan_18b_ham_2011.jpg

Don Martin
Arizona Wildlife Outfitters

Our past clients have enjoyed 100% on shooting opportunities for juniors, archery, HAM and/or rifle tags!

Gotta keep those trophy Javalina under wraps. Lol... just giving you grief

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle." General John J. "Black Jack" Pershing, US Army
"Most men go through life wondering if they made a difference, Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Regan

I have never hunted the unit, but check out the game and fish website under hunting and then the where to hunt page for unit 18b it gives quite a few areas to look. Good Luck

G&F website is always helpful; but even if you're in the right area, still got to find them, still got to stalk them, still have to shoot straight to get em!

This next post is for the smart guy who just emailed me...

Obviously we can't shoot em; but what we do is to put you on them where YOU get a CHANCE to close the deal.

That's why I said our clients have had 100% shooting OPPORTUNITIES in the past; no matter the method of take.

Hunting isn't all about the kill--it's about the experience and the opportunity!

I'm always amazed at those that spend a heck of a lot of money and come here from out of state only to stop by camp and say "Where are the pigs?"

Hmm, let's see it has taken us many years to get dialed in on these units and I got to believe that is worth something!

I tell potential clients to forget bringing over their high dollar trailers, spending lots of $$$ on food, gas, and other needed stuff, and come stay with us in our 5th wheel,we'll feed you, and most likely put you on pigs. Sometimes it's just a matter of doing the math...

Yes, we provide a SERVICE, that's what we do!

Just wanted to make that perfectly clear.

Typically our clients are either (1) new to the sport and need some help, or (2)are experienced, but have limited knowledge of the unit and limited time to hunt.

Rather than drive around aimlessly trying to find critters, we spend our time glassing with the very best optics in areas we know hold pigs!

I fully understand that there are many sportsmen out there who do very well on DIY hunts here in Arizona.

I respect and have no issues with those that have the time/ skills/optics necessary to get it done!

But don't be so negative and abusive and turn down your nose to those who seek out professional help!

Everyone has to start somewhere.

Don Martin

(Sorry guys, I know that 95% of hunters aren't mean and spiteful, but sometimes I need to vent when I get an email or text from a knucklehead!)

Hey Don I would love to see fish and game make that unit 18b a trophy unit for mule deer. What say you?

Yep, there are already some quality bucks there; but not a bad idea for a Region 3 "trophy" management unit.

Here is a buck taken in November 2013 by our 16 year old juniors hunter, Allison Kilroy.
1266allison_kilroy_11-27-2013_unit_18b.jpg

This 8 X 7 is the best I've ever seen in that unit! Note the size of this buck's body! He was HUGE!

Don Martin

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom