19 bison points

MooseMeat

LAST EDITED ON Dec-27-17 AT 06:59AM (MST)[p]My father has 19 bison points in Utah. He's up there in age and doesn't have the go in him like he use to. We are thinking we better burn some points before his condition gets too bad. Looking at the draw odds we realize the odds of a Henry's bull tag are extremely slim, but It appears he can draw either cow hunts on the Henry's, the cow hunts on the books and possibly one of the bull tags for the books. My question is, which hunt would produce the best results? We are looking for the one with the best chance of success. I've hunted the Henry's 2nd cow hunt a few years ago with a family member. While he harvested, it seemed like they were pretty few and far between. We only saw 4 buffs the whole hunt and we covered pretty much everywhere before we finally found some standing in the road on one of the last afternoons of the hunt. Never set foot on the books before, so I don't know what that hunt is like at all. Any info or advice you would be willing to offer or share, I'd sure appreciate it. Thank you

Of the three Henrys cow seasons, put in for the first one. I was looking at the odds today for my daughter. It has the worst odds of the 3 cow hunts, but with 19 points it won't matter. It will be the best hunt for your father. The weather will be somewhat warmer and his chance for success will be better. The last cow hunt is the end of December. My wife drew that one and it is brutally cold with the wind. The cold was what kept her from hunting hard enough to be successful.

Hi moose keep us in the loop, let us know if your dad drew a tag and which one.
I'll be rooting for him

Joe

"Sometimes you do things wrong for so long you
think their right" - 2001
"I can't argue with honesty" - 2005
-Joe E Sikora

My vote would be the Book Cliffs. Hunted there with my uncle in 2015. Saw tons of Buffalo. Took my three daughters all under 7 years old with us. It was a ton of fun. Only needed to hunt one day. Are you a resident or Non-resident? 19 points should get you a tag. Happy to give you more info if you would like. PM me.

>My vote would be the Book
>Cliffs. Hunted there with my
>uncle in 2015. Saw tons
>of Buffalo. Took my three
>daughters all under 7 years
>old with us. It was
>a ton of fun. Only
>needed to hunt one day.
>Are you a resident or
>Non-resident? 19 points should get
>you a tag. Happy to
>give you more info if