19 Point NR Deer Ideas

GilaJeff

Hello Neighbors! I don't often ask for advice on social media, or websites like this, but with the CO draw coming up, I thought I'd throw this out there. I am sitting on 19 NR deer points and want to get your thoughts on units/hunts to possibly spend those points this year or next. I have hunted Colorado a few times before; Unit 44, Units 35/36/ and Unit 75. I actually drew Unit 44, 3rd season with 3 NR points back in 2001 or 2002!!! It seems as though it is getting harder and harder to draw hunts everywhere, so I am looking to spend my CO in the next year or two. I am looking for a rifle or muzzleloader hunt for deer. Of course I would love to shoot a bruiser buck, but really score doesn't matter to me. I am hoping for a quality hunt with good numbers of game. So if you have any advice for me, let's hear it! In exchange, I can provide advice on big game hunting in New Mexico, Arizona, and Washington. PM me if you like. Thanks in advance!

Hello Neighbors! I don't often ask for advice on social media, or websites like this, but with the CO draw coming up, I thought I'd throw this out there. I am sitting on 19 NR deer points and want to get your thoughts on units/hunts to possibly spend those points this year or next. I have hunted Colorado a few times before; Unit 44, Units 35/36/ and Unit 75. I actually drew Unit 44, 3rd season with 3 NR points back in 2001 or 2002!!! It seems as though it is getting harder and harder to draw hunts everywhere, so I am looking to spend my CO in the next year or two. I am looking for a rifle or muzzleloader hunt for deer. Of course I would love to shoot a bruiser buck, but really score doesn't matter to me. I am hoping for a quality hunt with good numbers of game. So if you have any advice for me, let's hear it! In exchange, I can provide advice on big game hunting in New Mexico, Arizona, and Washington. PM me if you like. Thanks in advance!
PM sent.

i wouldn't recommend unit 66 or 67 for deer, but thats just me. i was there 3rd season and i hired a guide to help things out and still walked away disappointed , the next guy could tell you the opposite

i wouldn't recommend unit 66 or 67 for deer, but thats just me. i was there 3rd season and i hired a guide to help things out and still walked away disappointed , the next guy could tell you the opposite
I was there in 2021 and would agree. I filled my tag on the last day but it was not what someone would expect for a lot of points. I had fun on the hunt and seen plenty of deer so those boxes were checked. Good luck.

Slim pickens. My brother is sitting on 20. Northwest is screwed for a few years and CPW moving seasons back and increasing tags doesn’t make for may choices worth waiting 20 yrs

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom