nvbones

hey guys i was wondering if anyone would like to discuss this unit, i know i dont have many post but i used to be IDbones and changed my name to nvbones bout a year ago when i moved to reno. i dont need anybody to say theres a 30 incher at this gps coordinate, i just wanna share some info or get some wisdom from some locals or people whove had the tag. appreciate it

my brother does, 194-196 rifle, i know its a better hunt with snow, and im not looking for anyone to tell me there a 200 incher at a certain gps coordinate, we spend a lot of time in the verdi area and have found some good bucks in the 150-170 class, but were going big or eating tag soup.

I had the PIW tag a couple years ago and hunted the heck out of this unit. I hope to get it again in 3-4 years. It holds some great bucks that will stay high unless deep snow pushes them down. Hunt high and away from the roads and quad trails.

thanks for the info, weve been scouting pretty hard, we have been fourwheelin a ways back on trails and hiking 2-4 miles away from the trails and have killed it on summertime sheds, but its hard to do anything major in this heat. found lots of small to medium sized bucks, but its super hard to scout in the trees, its like looking for a needle in a stack of needles

Good advice from longpoke.
I've hunted that area four times over the years and will attest to some huge bucks and the need for snow to really make it better.
Good luck!

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom