1st archery in 16a

bulls1

DSC_7047.jpg

DSC_7049.jpg

Pretty quiet this year, but started to pick up at the end. Not a giant by any means but will fill the freezer nicely.

Congrats on the elk! First positive thing I've heard from the gila so far. I'm sure it's just getting started now.

>congrats on the kill. Any
>bull with a bow is
>a good bull.

Thanks, I'm happy with him. Went down with hopes of a monster but don't we all. Still had a great time with good friends, and my hunting partners 17 year old son punched his tag on the same day with a small 5 point. That was the icing on the cake as it was his 1st archery kill.

Congrats on a nice archery bull. My friend is out there right now. Have the elk started to bugle or is it still slow?

Here's my son's 1st Archery elk. Little 5x5, but a true trophy in my eyes being with my son in the Gila putting tons of miles on the boot leather every day and finally getting to watch him smoke a bull. The kid did an awesome job!

Had an absolute BLAST!!

Spot & Stalk, shot him at 29 yds, complete pass thru! Bull only went 71 feet!

9244austens_2011_elk.jpg

2670austens2011bull.jpg

Fine work Bulls 1!

Great archery bull.... Thanks for shareing the good pictures.

Lagriz

We watched bulls fight about a dozen times, mostly raghorns sparring, but we watched two good bulls thru the spotting scope try to kill each other... wished we would have had time to get to them before dark!

They were screaming the night of 09/09 while we were taking care of my sons little bull. Other than that there was only a few bugles in the mornings & evenings. Rut definately started a little later this year than prior years.

The people with 2nd & 3rd season tags are going to have a great time chasing bugles!

Just talked to a buddy of mine that had the 2nd season tag. Said the bulls are just now really getting fired up.

I can't beleive that we're not seeing more pics & hearing more stories about NM bulls being taken.

What's up?

Why is there so many great Colorado bulls showing up in forumns & not NM?

Congrats to Bulls1! and to 1fast and family.

We are going down again this weekend to see if I can get my dream muley in velvet ( even a forkie :D )

Can't wait to hear the rut in full swing!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teach your kids to hunt now, and you won't have to hunt for them later.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom