2007 hoyt

Yes they do. I think we are pretty lucky to have the competition so tight for the top of the line archery equipment. I don't think it matters what bow we buy now. It's gonna be able to shoot better than we can.

Kris

I test shot all of them last week. I really liked the 38Pro...smooth and quiet.

BOHNTR )))---------->

Yes, me like!

455a3c890f12c32f.jpg

yeah, I didn't like the vectrix when I shot it. The shot was fine, but the draw cycle still stinks. Knocked the arrow off the rest everytime it dropped into the valley and hit the wall. I won't be buyin one. (jmho)

Interesting that you had that issue I shot all their bows about a month ago and we tried to get the Vectrix to do just that because of the issue with the Trykon and we didn't have a single issue. I would have to suspect tuning issues. The new cam is smoother and there is less recoil with the Vectrix. Heck all the new bows are nice! They did make most of the bows draw length specific though. The Hoyt's are nice and they will achieve their speed ratings this year across the board. All of the bows we chronoed were at or above the ratings.

I shot the Vectrix and the Mathews Drenaline yesterday. I maybe shouldn't have shot the Drenaline first, when I grabbed the Vectrix, I almost dropped it on the floor. WOW, that thing is heavy! I also thought the draw was very harsh with that big old hump to go over. The Drenaline was very smooth. Both had about the same amount of hand shock though.
If I had to choose, it would be the Drenaline, no question. But I do not intend to buy either right now.

Lien2

I just bought a new trykon last year! Theres no way Im going to drop that kind of money again until its good and worn out!
Irl

Always exciting this time of year to try all the new products. I would like to see the longer ATA bows make a comeback, with my drawlength its tough to make these smaller ones fit.

It's funny I have heard nothing but rave reviews on the vectrix except from the matthews crowd. To each their own I suppose.

Brand loyalty in archery? naw.... but I did hold and shoot that drenaline and it's a nice bow and I'm sure there will be some others with new products to please.

grizzly there are some new limb options this year on the Hoyt's so they can be had in a longer bow in some designs. You know things are changing when you shoot an Ultratech and it's the longest bow in camp!

as they always will, different bows feel different in other peoples' hands'. I shot both the vectrix and the drenalin today, and I personally felt the vectrix was the better bow, hands down. both at 30", both maxed out, the vectrix at 69.6lbs, the drenalin at 71.3lbs, 350 grain arrow, the vectrix was six feet faster! both have similiar kick (little to none), but the drenalin has much more vibration.

I dont understand how anyone can complain about the draw curve on the vectrix, it is ultra smooth for a hybrid cam, and the wall at 65% was awesome.

I was impressed with both bows, but the vectrix exceeded my expectations.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-02-06 AT 10:24PM (MST)[p]

Shot all of the top offerings (IMO) for 07 last week.

Mathews Drenaline
Hoyt Vectrix
Hoyt Vulcan
Bowtech Guardian
Bowtech Tribute

Drenaline didnt impress me at all. Feels like the Switchback of 05 with a few more FPS. A litlle hand shocky. Top notch camo and detail and quiet as a church mouse. Most hardcore Mathews fans are fairly dissapointed with this offering.

Vectrix, very heavy feeling. Overall a very nice bow. Smooth with nice speed but not for me.

Vulcan, Zippy fast and pretty smooth. Short brace height may be tough for some shooters. Great feeling bow otherwise. Mine should be here next week. :)

Guardian, Very smooth with good speed. Not sure about the new limb support design. I'll check back on this in a few months.

07 Tribute, Like the 06, its very fast,smooth and quiet as any bow I've ever shot. They changed a few things for 07. Instead of a full grip, they went to side plates (on all of the 07 line). They did some work to minimize the cam lean at full draw. I brought this bow home. Like the 06, one of the smoothest, fastest bows I've shot, all with 7+" of brace height.

Good shopping!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom