2008 Cutthroat fishing trip

T

tageater

LAST EDITED ON Jul-24-08 AT 06:32PM (MST)[p] To our dismay we arrived to find that the road was flooded, so we fished the road.....psst, thats not the road, my brother wanted to catch a fish while sitting in the back of his truck.
4888e5693d4a7eb0.jpg

the water this year was pretty high, and really flowing good. Had i gone any deeper here i would have been swimming!
4888e59f3e207e43.jpg

Just another pic of the awesome scenery of Northern Idaho
4888e5b93e7e3f4c.jpg

At one point the water level climbed so fast that we had to set the tents up on the rigs! Not really, the campsite we really wanted opened up and it was easier to move everything like this......... Hillbilly style!
4888e5d33f0ad7e7.jpg

And two ugly mugs, with one of the hundred thirty or so Westslope cutthroats I caught. That's my little bro on the left (about to step on my 4 weight)and me in my magical hat!

4888e5ec3f5a5d94.jpg

47aa8a9e202b0d9f.jpg

Tag, thanks for sharing those pic's. Looks like you caught some real nice fish in great country!!

Somehow, i thought you'd be older! lol

Joey

LAST EDITED ON Jul-24-08 AT 08:05PM (MST)[p]38 isn't old....but its getting there!
The Westslope Cuts dont get much bigger than 18", but a 15" fatty will fight you like no other, on a 4 wt. flyrod! Its so much fun!

As soon as our buddy downloads the rest of the pics i'll add them to this thread, but its gonna be more of the same, unless he's got pics of us going through 7 thirty packs of beer, or us practicing our golf swing, or us searching the camp for a bottle of jack daniels, that we can only figure got stolen?

Ya'll I'm gonna tell you honestly......not once did i put bug spray,or lotion on me, and i have one bite on my arm....and that was a GD horsefly! And at dusk, the hatches.........If your into matching the hatch, you couldn't do it! you'd have to tie on 7 different flys...and all of these different caddis and may's were hatching at once.....its a flyfishers dream! But I'm glad you weren't there! more river for me to fish!

47aa8a9e202b0d9f.jpg

Magical hat?.....sounds like you guys were doing more than just drinkin' beer!! HaHa. Sweet pics, thanks for sharing.

Steve

Beautiful pics! Just what I needed this morning. I'm taking the horses and fly rod deep into the backcountry next week looking for some Cutties, can't wait. Thanks for post'n up the pics.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom