2010 Sportsman Tag Elk

browtine

Super Moderator
I am hearing the sportsman tag this year killed a 412 inch monster on the wasatch.. Anyone know if this is true? Pics?

buck1.gif

Later, Brandon

I heard it's True!

I also heard he didn't have to adjust his scope!:D

But it's all hear say so I'm only going by what I heard!

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!
I love not acting my age,
Damn I love my NASCAR race,
And Hell yes I love my Truck!
And a good BBQ!
I am Medicine And I am Poison!

I have seen the bull. I have a hard time believing that it will go that big. but hard to tell from the pics I have. congrats to him on a great bull. It is a 7x7 if you count the devil tines beautiful bull and once again congrats. and no I will not post any of the pics I have. Just so you guys don't ask.

Wasatch unit, or Wasatch Front? Nah just joking there are NO elk on the Front!

Athens Archery Field Staff
Wicked1 Bowstring Staff

Here is the photo I got.. obviously its going around everywhere..

Subject: FWD: Fwd: FW:FW: FWD:FWD: FWD:Fwd: FWD: Fwd: FW:FW: FWD:FWD: FWD:Fwd:FWD: Fwd: FW:FW: FWD:FWD: FWD:Fwd:<FW>Fw: IM
Msg: Utah sportsman tag shot 2day 414 Shawn andersons friend found bull

9168imagejpeg953.jpg

buck1.gif

Later, Brandon

Huge bull!
I've never shot an elk in a farmers field before. I would have shot that one in anyones field however.
Congratulations to the shooter.

Zeke

Beauty. Congrats to the lucky hunter.

Crazy stuff, but I think the biggest bulls in the state came off of
the Wasatch and Manti this year.

>Shhhhhh!!! No big bulls came
>off the Wasatch. That bull
>definitely came off the Manti.
>:D

LOL....and I guarantee "it won't be posted on the web"....lmao

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

What a slug. Love the width, fronts, and extras around the
burrs on this incredible rack. Congrats on a great trophy.

ELDORADO

What a pig. Congrats to the hunter. Patience paid off. No matter where it was killed its one of the best bulls taken during 2010 in utah. Let's get the DNR to reduce the tags and bring back these giant bulls.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-15-10 AT 06:03AM (MST)[p]is that a semi in the background behind the older fellar.talk about a way to drag him out lol. great looking bull congrats to the hunter

Na!

Just a Cummins!

Takes a Hell of a Truck to Haul a Bull that big!:D

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!
And a good BBQ!

Looks to be in the 385" Range?

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!
And a good BBQ!

BBop started it, but I'm going to go ahead and risk it further... Pictures can be deceiving, but that is NOT a 414 bull... I know I should have never said that!

B_BOP didn't start anything!

Not stirrin nothin!

I guesstimated the Bull around 385"+!

I'd love to have a Bull just like him!

Super Nice Bull!

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!
And a good BBQ!

Looks like its in the 400s to me every point is at least 20" but hard to tell from pic position, I had a friend shoot a 408 bull and I called BS on it he had me come over when it was officialy scored and it went 412 looked just like this bull but maybe a little more mass every point was 20 inches with eyeguards hitting 22 aparently if they all hit that number your gonna be close to 400 now I always sit and look at my bull and say man it sure would of been nice if those 3rds were 18 inchs instead of 8 and I would of had a 370 bull but its 350 and thats the difference and yes I am happy with him as I hope everyone is with their own bull and doesn't get so caught up in a number.

Ya, thats a great bull, good for him.

I would have to see an OFFICIAL score sheet to believe that it went over 400. Hope that does not wreck the weekend for you basement dwelling scorers. Maybe ask your mom, if you could get outdoors and use your rods and cones, once in a while? You might get some experience with what a big elk looks like, that is not on a computer screen.

Go team Hossback, finding blood money everywhere!

Ya, great bull. Good for him.

I gotta agree with the B bop, I can't see 400 in that bull. i see a lot of points that won't make 20 inches on it.

Hope that does not totally wreck the weekend for you BASEMENT DWELLING EXPERT ELK SCORERS! Maybe you guys should ask your mothers if you can play outside sometime? Who knows, you might even see an elk that is not on a computer screen?

Go team Hossback, on the honest blood trails! Made by the purest!

Look at the tops on that bull, not going to make 400 with those short points! Great bull, congrats to the hunter.

Nice bull, good for him.

No way that one makes 400, on tops. I say 385 to 395.
I can just hear all the crying starting down in the basements of the wanna be expert scorers, take a deep breath and go back to your blogs, leave the scoring to guys that actually see elk and hunt elk that are not on a computer screen.

Wow! What a sweet heart. What's with all the name calling?

It's pretty easy to throw out a number when you don't have your hands on the bull. Higher or lower.

If you can look at a computer screen and come within 10 points it's only because YOU got lucky!

Everyone is welcome to express an opinion but you're pretty puffed up in your pride!

You MIGHT be an expert but until I hear that you scored it maybe you should reconsider all the name calling.

Just a thought,
Zeke

ELKTAPER it looks like you are the only basement computer elk scorer around you made a post every 15 min for an hour on this thread! Do you think you are gods gift and know exaclty what a animal scores with one pic on the pc? Mybe you should ask someone beside your drunk uncle to take you hunting then you might know what an elk scores when you see it!

Do you have pics of the 400+ bulls you have taken that you would post here for us to compare? (WITH official score sheets)

Whether the bull is 400 or not, I'd take a 385 bull any day of the week. In 30 years of hunting, I personally have not seen a lot of 380-390 bulls killed in that amount of time. I probably average 130 days a year in the field and I don't know many men (do-it-theirself hunters) who kill a 385+ bull.

Congratulations! It IS a great bull in ANYBODY'S book!

I agree with Zeke. If you can score an elk in the field or on the computer screen within 10 points and you're working a full-time job, you may have missed your calling.

theres no way that bull measures 412"....i took my "official to scale computer screen ruler" and measured all the points on my screen....i got 387 3/8"
no matter what the score that is a sweeeeet bull and 99.99/100 of us would wet themselves when we saw it!!! Congrats!!

As I said above!

I'll take one just like him!

Nice Bull!

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!
And a good BBQ!

>
>No way that one makes 400,
>on tops. I say 385
>to 395.

That is one of the funniest statements I have ever heard. "It could be 395 but no way 400." Like you or anyone else can see the difference of 5 inches from a picture or in real life for that matter. What a Joke!

Great Bull, Congrats to the hunter.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-19-10 AT 06:48PM (MST)[p]That is a big bull, but 414 is a HUGE number.

That is by far the worst angle to score a bull at, but I would bet the house that its closer to 385 than 414.

Scoring from a pic isn't all that hard either. Just as an example: This year a friend sent pics off of a video of a bull he was hunting to one of my buddies, my brother and myself, to see what we though. All three of us were within 5-6" of eachothers scores, our average was only 3" off and one of the guesses was 1" off the bulls gross score once it was killed. Its not witch craft or voodoo, there is a science to scoring and its not that hard to figure out if you know what to look for.

>
>>
>>No way that one makes 400,
>>on tops. I say 385
>>to 395.
>
>That is one of the funniest
>statements I have ever heard.
> "It could be 395
>but no way 400."
>Like you or anyone else
>can see the difference of
>5 inches from a picture
>or in real life for
>that matter. What a
>Joke!
>
>Great Bull, Congrats to the hunter.
>

Actually 5" from a pic isn't that hard to do, nor is being within 5" in real life. I've been as close as 1" in real life on a big bulls score, and yes it was offically scored and no it wasn't just a wild guess.

who cares about the score! take fifty guys show them just this picture with out knowing any other numbers and you would get anywhere from 350-400 and everything in between. the hunter shot it i am sure he is happy with it every thing else is just numbers to hee haw over.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom