2011/2012 Photos

Califelkslayer

Long Time Member
Giants Spring Training. Cody Ross and Pat the Bat.

8620imgp0415.jpg

June camping trip in X6A. Dogs, horses and quads. We had a blast and saw some good bucks too.

194imgp0475.jpg

Scouting trip in the Trinity Alps.

1512imgp0568.jpg

Beautiful Country, great fishing, lots of bucks in velvet.

2926imgp0564.jpg

Starting the GSP pup retrieving outta water, 8/11.

8577imgp0578.jpg

Horseshoe tournament @ Eagle Lake, 8/11.

5406imgp0599.jpg

Back in the Trinitys trying to kill Bambi.

2711imgp0551.jpg

Restoration project. Owned this since 1985. Started the rebuild for my son while he was still in Iraq.

660imgp0619.jpg

8614imgp0710.jpg

5802imgp0714.jpg

1971 Ford Bronco. Body off restoration. Sand blast rust, grind out old welds and re-weld, sprayed new undercoat. New floor pans. new suspension (James Duff 3.5") new body mounts, radiator, rebuilt 302 (295 horses) NV 3550 5 speed, seats, door panels, handles, window accessories. Only things original are the differentials (Ford 9" rear and Dana 44 front) and the transfer case (Dana 20). 33X12.5X15 Toyo Mud Terrains.

6517imgp0709.jpg

1453imgp0715.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Feb-02-12 AT 01:11AM (MST)[p]Now it's chukar season.

4709imgp0192.jpg

Pup on point. She'll be a year old this February. You can barely see my male honoring her. On my way to 150+ chukar for the year.

983imgp0704.jpg

2012imgp0705.jpg

540imgp0700.jpg

A variety of a dozen photos out of the 700+ I took this year.

Oil, I scouted the Alps the week before archery and saw bucks every AM & PM including several 4X4s. A month later, 7 days, nary a buck. those blacktail are so nocturnal!!! Especially during a full moon and hot weather. But the weather was hot on the scouting trip and i saw bucks out way before dark, bugs swirling all around them, tails and ears swatting bugs. I haven't figured it out but we decided we love the Alps and it's a good exercise for the horses before we go out of state so we'll probably do a week this summer. And I'll have my glass and be looking around.

I personally think archery is the way to go.

And where i was, was not isolated. Camp was 8 miles from the trailhead and crowded. The hunts were in another 3-5 miles and I saw people tracks.

Just finished a "tedious" chukar season. Fantastic year but I'm so worn out. The early season kept me from getting in "chukar shape," it was too easy. The last month or so has been what chukar season usually is.

Great dog work. Shooting was better than normal. Still worked my arse off the last 2 days. 5 solid hours in that terrain is tough. 2 days in a row, or like last week, 3 days in a row. I'm getting old. I'm tired, wore out and content. 165 this year. Only regret is the pup only got out about 15 times. But it's so hard to leave Chuck home. And they both work better alone so she got the short stick all season.

Hunter when i first started Bow hunting some 25 years ago we used to hunt up there.We never camped back there we would just hike in and hunt for the day but i had friends that would go pretty far back in and kill some really nice bucks.

Then i started Bow hunting the x zones and never went back.I did kill my first Archery buck up in that area it was your typical barely legal forky.LOL

Caslayer, Great bunch of pic's and looked like a ton of fun!!

Thanks for sharing!!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

K-nimrod is a good guy. I remember his son Mike helping his dad load firewood 4-5 years ago. Some of the pieces were bigger than him. Saw him at the gym last night and didn't recognize him, grown so much.

Slayer,
Here's a gang of great memories from years past to present! Seems like yesterday the wife and I were bringing the twins home from Reno...That was dang near 14 years ago! God's gifts, enjoy them while you can. I hope some of these bring back some memories.

Norkal

INVEST IN LEAD FOR THE TIMES AHEAD!

5083100_0955.jpg

331100_0968-1.jpg

8157100_0203.jpg

8095100_0982.jpg

The last two are in Wyoming a few years ago. These two have been going out of state since they were seven, and tagging along on local trips since they were two. More to come.

Norkal

Dude, call me. You can post multiple photos on one post.

But I got to say that all of those are great.

Only issue is I didn't give you permission to post me.

The horses/dead elk photo I need from you. My photos from that trip got lost when my old puter died.

Some of the best "future hunter/fisherman" photos I've ever seen on MM.

I created a MONSTER!!!!

DJ, I'm gonna let a secret out.

Guys, the "this makes my finger hurt" comment has history if you didn't figure that out by now.

Oct, 2006, Colorado, 1st rifle elk.

Opening day there are 8 of us with 10 tags, 8 cow tags and 2 either sex. My son had one of the ES tags. Anyhow, all of the tags got filled opening day with my son being the last to fill with his first bull. Yours truly singlehandedly quartered and hung 3 elk. Dad was in his early 70s at the time and my son didn't kill his bull until 2PM so i was pushing dark when I got the last ne hung. Then they rode out of "the hole" while I walked out. A very tired old man at that point. With 10 elk to pack the next day

Next AM at O dark thirty, I lead 2 of my horses past DJs wall tent. He hollers at me, "Hunter, is that you?" I reply, "Yea, gonna feed and saddle the horses." Before I can get them tied up, I hear some cursing and a shout for help from his tent. By the time I get the horses tied and get to his tent, our other partner is there. The most safe in all circumstances guy I know (DJ) chopped off the tip of one finger splitting kindling in the dark.

Now with 10 elk to pack that day, I never will believe he didn't do that on purpose.

Anyways DJ heads to town to get his finger sewn back on. Me? I start packing elk. I could write a book about that day, and how my stubborness almost got me hurt bad or worse but that's a story for another post.

DJ, thanks for the memories. I'll have Cody get on and see these too.

Great pics !
Your pics of your kids makes me feel nostalgic. Take them with you as often as possible because before you know it they'll be young adults and they won't have time anymore to go with you.

True! True!
But then on the plus side you eventually get grandkids to do it all again with! I wish I had more of the little buggers!

5400100_2604.jpg

Slayer,
I've tried several ways to get more photos on here. No luck!
Hope the rest of you don't mind, I have a few more I am going to post.

Norkal

6263100_1987.jpg

Colorado 2011. The Twins first year with tags. She never had a chance to pull the trigger but it wasn't from lack of trying! Slayer, this spot ought to look real familiar.

Norkal

LAST EDITED ON Mar-01-12 AT 11:45PM (MST)[p]http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/245100_3642.jpg

Happy Birthday!

Hasn't had it a full month yet and has already burned a couple thousand rounds through it!

You know what I say! "INVEST IN LEAD FOR THE TIMES AHEAD!"

LAST EDITED ON Mar-02-12 AT 00:30AM (MST)[p]http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/2625100_3661.jpg

I hope this selection of photos from years past to present brings back great memories for those of you who's youngsters have left the nest. And for those who have young ones at home, or that will in time, don't miss out on one of life's greatest gifts, get them out young and often! Trust me, it is worth not filling a tag or not getting your limit all the time because they are with you. I started taking the twins with me bow hunting when they were three. Funny how I couldn't put the sneak on noth'n. But we have great memories, and they learned a lot over the years, not just about hunting and fishing, but about nature, life, and survival/bushcraft skills.

Norkal

DJ, After you paste the first picture, click on the "CLICK HERE to upload and find another picture, copy and paste. Sometimes I have to go back on my computer and hit the "close" on the previous picture first.

It's slow any way ou do it but not havng to reopen, hit reply, etc is faster.

Awesome photos!!!!!!!!!!! Love em all........and I recognize more than those shelves (Killin fields) in Colorado.

Whose shorthair?? Looks too big for Glenn's.

Siskhunter,

Looks like you'll be able to toss the merc into the depths in a year or two!

Great photo's!

Norkal

693100_3840.jpg

Here are a couple of shots from the last A's vs Giants pre-season game at AT&T. Great game!

Norkal

"INVEST IN LEAD FOR THE TIMES AHEAD!"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom