2011 Idaho Bear Video

Murdoc34

A month ago I posted a few pics of my bear I harvested in Idaho in May on the Idaho forum. I have a video of the hunt as well if you'd like to watch it:

http://www.gettinstokedoutdoors.com/index.html

1102idaho_bear_2.jpg

7813idaho_bear_1.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jun-15-11 AT 07:03PM (MST)[p]Wow - great hunt! I bet you wish you had found that bridge in the daylight! Some guys are going to take some shots at you for crossing that raging torrent but you have to do what you have to do to get the job done. I have crossed worse going after a $3 lure! Of course I was young and stupid too.

Beautiful bear.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

LAST EDITED ON Jun-15-11 AT 08:22PM (MST)[p]Congrats on a mighty fine bear. You boys did a really good job of capturing the hunt on video,...you could put some of these so called TV 'professionals' out of business seems to me. It's quite enjoyable to see some guys get off the road and actually hunt for a game animal. Do you have any other videos of hunts that we can see? I have drawn a Paunsaugunt management buck tag this year and I'm thinking about letting my buddy video the hunt, so I'm learning from yours if you don't mind.

Wow!!! Awesome bear and awesome footage of your hunt! Thanks for sharing!!! Enjoyed every minute of it! A bear like that is worth multiple knocks to the head, eh!!!!!!

Thanks for the reply's. To answer the question that was asked, there are a bunch more videos of past hunts on the link that my bear hunt is attached too. I even think our 2009 bear hunt is on there as well.

Brady

What an awesome video, you guy?s did a great job. Beautiful bear as well. Will this be a rug for your daughter or will you mount it for her? Congrats and thanks for sharing!

GBA

Great looking bear man. That is some dedication to cross that raging river to get the shot on that bear. Great job sealing the deal. That was a great looking shiner on your head to, you look like you went to blows with the bear. Wow I loved the color of your bear great job once again.

Sweet video. Pretty extreme with crossing that river. I like to walk on top of the log, not under. Then of course I spent a bunch of time watching your other videos. They are all very good and better than most on T.V. I have a couple questions: what video camera are you using for these hunts and how do you like the Vortex Nomad Spotting Scope? Good website as well.

www.bestforhunting.com/?page_id=514

sweet video. ive brought an elk across the middle fork of that river...it was no picnic when it wasnt spring runoff. i thought i was nuts...congrats...and still curious about the skull size...

That was one of the best video's I have seen! You guys had to deal with all kinds of problems, but were still positive. That is real hunting right there! It wasn't sugar coated like most of the hunts you see on TV. Congrats on a true trophy that you most definitely earned.

Randall Limb
Limb Creek Outdoors
www.limbcreek.com
www.facebook.com/limbcreekoutdoors

Thanks again for the positive comments. To answer a few more of the questions that have been asked:

What camera do we use? Cody did a "hunting tip" video a few weeks ago that talks about the camera we use on this hunt. The only thing not included in the video is we used a tripler to increase the magnification when zooming in on the bear that we didn't show in the tip video.

http://www.youtube.com/user/gettinstokedoutdoors?feature=mhee

How do I like my Vortex Nomad? It's definitely served it's purpose. It's light enough to pack around all day, but it's nice to have the 60x magnification when needed. I dropped it once and messed the lens up. Vortex replaced it no questions asked so that was great. With that being said, my next major purchase will be a Swarovski spotter. I have 10x42's and love them. The glass is better, but for the price, the Nomad can't be beat.

Have I measured the skull? Not yet, but I promise once it's all cleaned up, I'll post the score. Fish and game aged the bear at 12 years old so I'm interested to see how the score turns out.

Thanks again for the positive comments. It really was a fun hunt and it's a lot of fun to go back and relive the memory through the video.

Brady

The Canon XH-A1 is a great camera but not for a novice. All of the smaller cameras will work but make sure if you are getting a new one that you get on that is HD capable. Everything in HD is better. Murr's bump on his head is much more impressive on a big screen TV in HD.

Nicely done...

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom