2011 Spring Bear Tag Idaho

LAST EDITED ON Mar-03-11 AT 09:10PM (MST)[p]What is that now 3 years running? Some kind of lucky... Keep me posted on how u do. Are you going to run in the same area?

this is my 4th year. We have been really lucky,4 of us drew again. If the hunting is as bad as last summer we are going to go somewhere else, we might anyway.

last year my roomate drew a tag and spot and stalked a record book bear while i busted my ass for 2 months of baiting to only get one iffy shot in legal hunting time and i hit a branch and deflected my arrow :(

Just curious for you guys that have to get a draw for bears. What are the odds on the places you are applying. If chosen is the tag good for the spring only or can you hunt in the fall with it. How many bears are you allowed and what does a tag cost?

I am from BC and bear season starts on April 1 and goes to June 15 in most areas and you are allowed 2 bears in a year (no draws for black bear). So you could shoot 2 in the spring but most guys leave a tag for the fall in case they see a giant. Tags are $20 a bear. No baiting up here, everything has to be done by spot-and-stalk or by driving gravel roads untill you find one eating the green grass in the ditch:)

BHB

Forget the units that are draw only. There is way better hunting on the over the counter tags. Plus you can bait in them which helps.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom