2012 Deer Harvest Posted

3658 tags issued in unit 34. Is the goal to kill every buck in the unit?

If predators do not have bucks to eat, they eat does.

I agree here there is alot of rifle tags (2400) for 34 and i havent seen many deer at all the last few years. when are they going to do a count and set up the tags based on the animals and not the money. i would pay more for a quality hunt rather than just to go up and spend a ton of time and effert in hunting a young buck i will pass on anyway. This has been on my mind for a few years now, it just seems like they have not looked at the numbers. 2400 hundred rifle tags is outrageous in my opinion.

>I agree here there is alot
>of rifle tags (2400) for
>34 and i havent seen
>many deer at all the
>last few years. when are
>they going to do a
>count and set up the
>tags based on the animals
>and not the money. i
>would pay more for a
>quality hunt rather than just
>to go up and spend
>a ton of time and
>effert in hunting a young
>buck i will pass on
>anyway. This has been on
>my mind for a few
>years now, it just seems
>like they have not looked
>at the numbers. 2400 hundred
>rifle tags is outrageous in
>my opinion.

I see no other unit where they dump tags like they do in 34. I agree it is outrageous.
So much prime deer habitat and so few deer left living in it.

With major problems with mule deer populations, why exasperate the problem by dumping a ridiculous number of tags into a unit.

Double or triple the price if you need to make revenue. Give the unit a break for a few years with no tags.
17% success overall. Less than 1 in 5 hunter tags out. Then most are tagging out on low age class deer. Satisfaction rating is one of the lowest.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom