2013 Deer wrap-up!

B

BrownsandBucks

Ok Twice I typed a big post with all the pics only to post it and have it go by by. I am going to try it by one pice at a time then more through reply's.
Public land D zone camp

8406camp.jpg

Archery rocked as we got (Bumpy) first weekend. Big blackmail with mass and tons of eye guards
4575gary.jpg

5216photo-121.jpg

Then I lost (Slipper) after a deflected arrow hit forward off branch and rain washed a minimal blood trail away. Good news he is still alive and fine.

Then my buddys son got (Porcini)
3281shane.jpg

Then rifle season opened and we got 3 small meat bucks opening weekend. a small 3x3 a 3x2 and a small forkie. Here is the 3x2, don't know where the pics of other two are
5330lilguy.jpg

Then my buddy got on (Pitchfork) a gnarly forkie with 5 3/4 bases
6681gary_fork.jpg

Then another buddy slammed two together a lil meat buck and nice 3x4
4345brad_bucks.jpg

Halloween which is my birthday I snuck away for 2 hours and filled my 2nd tag. Just this afternoon to go for our last tag for my pops, hope he get it.
1249b_day_buck.jpg

We have passed up about 8 bears but now may start after those as deer is over!
330yogi.jpg

Sorry about the weird way to post this but after writing up the whole story twice and having it lost in limbo I got lazy.

Good luck to all and thanks to my pops for getting me into the outdoors.

Awesome velvet buck. Love the mass and character on that rack. That's some year you guys had!

Eldorado

Awesome thread! You guys did great! Congrats and thanks for posting up them Pic's!!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Onion creek, the cedars and soda springs put out some nice deer this year.

Great season you guys had. Congrats on your success. Just curious what's the spread on that monster forky? That thing is a beast!

Thanks Guys,bummed its over.
6x7 I looked up those area's, thanks for the tip. Never been over that way before but always up to learn some new spots. Any pics of the deer taken over there, I love them photo's. I have been amazed at the number of big bucks taken off private property down low this year. I have had a few clients tadeing pics with me and I am simply amazed.

Looks like 6x7 and I share alot of the same knowledge. I've been hunting that general area all my life!

Where do you guys access in to those area? Is it dirt in? We tend to set a base camp then hike our tails off, most of the time its an hour at least of hiking until light and most animals are harvested midday. We dont see but maybe 25 hunters all season and 99 percent are on quads racing around, how is the pressure over there? I really want to find some areas that we can access once the weather hits.

>Where do you guys access in
>to those area? Is it
>dirt in? We tend to
>set a base camp then
>hike our tails off, most
>of the time its an
>hour at least of hiking
>until light and most animals
>are harvested midday. We dont
>see but maybe 25 hunters
>all season and 99 percent
>are on quads racing around,
>how is the pressure over
>there? I really want to
>find some areas that we
>can access once the weather
>hits.

PM sent!!

Thanks Nick W. for the pm and pics, always fun to see others success and share info!

Congrats on a great year!!!! Those are some great deer! You going back in for bear? That one in the picture looks like a good one. Good luck!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom