2013 Idaho Sportsman Show

M

MuleyCrazed

The 2013 Idaho Sportsman Show is quickly approaching! Hope to see you all out there! Drop by the Idaho Deer Alliance booth and enter those trophies into the Big Horn Trophy Contest. IDA will be scoring all rifle entries and the Nampa Bow Chiefs will be scoring all archery entries. See you there!

84892013_sportsman_show.jpg

MuleyCrazed
Idaho Deer Alliance
Meridian, Idaho
[email protected]

http://www.elknut.com
Vortex Optics Dealer

Travis, do you know how the scoring is done, is it gross only or is it net measurement after deductions on muleys with a rifle? Curious if it's worth bringing one down? Thank you.

ElkNut1

It should be a gross score on both typical and non-typical. This would offer more incentive for people to bring more heads in for all of us to see.

Vortex Optics Dealer

Yes, Boise area.

So is this true? The scoring is done for a Typical & Non Typical with no deductions per side for either categories? Meaning there are two 1st prize winners? Thanks

ElkNut1

> So is this true?
>The scoring is done for
>a Typical & Non Typical
>with no deductions per side
>for either categories? Meaning there
>are two 1st prize winners?
>Thanks
>
> ElkNut1

Paul, does this post imply that you are going to bring your buck down to be score. That is a beautiful buck! Would love to see it in person. Are you going to have a booth?

Vortex Optics Dealer

Thanks!I will not have a booth at the Sports Show but was planning to stop by it. I had considered bringing the antlers down but it depended on the scoring style.

I'm still not certain how it will be handled, I'm hoping someone can shed some light on the exact scoring system that will be done. Thanks.

ElkNut1

Bomber buck Paul, I'd love to see it if you bring it. I'll likely be at the ISB booth if I end up going, see you there!

Paul,

Sorry for the slow response! We just talked about this at our meeting last night. Here is what has been done in the past and what the board decided on for this year:

Big Horn Contest Rules

- Harvest must be from Idaho
- Harvest must be from the previous season (2012)
- Antlers/horns must be attached to the original skull plate
- No sheds or reproduction skull plates or skulls
- If you want to be considered for one of the prizes you must
leave your antlers/horns there until Sunday afternoon for
display.
- All contest entries must be picked up before 4:00pm Sunday

Categories:

- Best Youth deer, elk, antelope
- Best Adult deer, elk, antelope, moose, sheep/goat
- Best Non-Typical/Unique Antlers
- Best of Show

So the Best of Show will be judged off of the overall percentage of Boone & Crockett minimum entry. So the antlers/horns, of any species, that score the closest to going into the B&C books will be the overall winner. If we have a few B&C minimum entries then it will be the highest % score for minimum B&C entry. Does that make sense?

These rules or categories may not be all inclusive, but we can only afford so many plaques. For that season, we try to keep it somewhat simple.

If you have suggestions please line them out and we will certainly consider them. We appreciate the input as we like to see as many entries a possible there. We understand that the process/contest isn't perfect, but you get in the Sportsman Show free if you enter your antlers/horns and if you win the plaque is a bonus.

Hopefully that makes sense. If not, let me know and I'll try to explain it better.

Thank you,

MuleyCrazed
Meridian, Idaho
[email protected]

Forgot about bear in the adult category as well. Plus there will be best mule deer and whitetail. So there will be 12 awards total when all said and done.

Thanks!

MuleyCrazed
Meridian, Idaho
[email protected]

Vortex Optics Dealer

Thank You, I think I got it! (grin) There's only one 1st prize, it's the best over all rack that gets the gun, the rest of the winners per category would receive a plaque.

ElkNut1

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom