2013 Unit 30 Flood

Cavalier

The flood changed the entire dynamics and hunting strategy for the muzzy hunt. Much of the lower elevation that received all the flood waters moved the bucks out by providing so much feed through out the area. My hunt party hunted the lower elevations up to 5500' and did not locate any shooter bucks. Anyone want to give reports from higher elevation hunters of Unit 30. Please do.

OK Dudes and Dudettes, I know there are some hard hunters left in the world. My party of four averaged walking over twenty five miles each in the five day muzzleloader hunt and never found a shooter buck. I personally GPS my beating the brush at 24.18 miles for 4.5 days of hunting. My point is we are not road hunters. Now define shooter buck you say. In our group we pass on anything less than 3X3. However, one forky is the only buck we saw. Now all I'm interested in is some idea of where to hunt the next time there is so much feed. One would assume that would be on top. A personnal message would be acceptable also. Thanks.....

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom