2014 Draw Odds?

Pooner

Hey guys is there a way to look up the draw results for 2014. I found the sportmans draw odds but those are the only ones I found on the website. I will be the first to admit I struggle but I can't find them.

They're SCARY!

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

Oh Bessy they are always scary. When do they usually have them out? I usually don't look until the next year but I figured I would draw this year and want to know how I didn't.

I wish they would post them. Last year they posted them in June.

I need them to help convince my wife that 2 weeks off work is worth it. :)

Interesting timing on this thread - I just emailed the DWR yesterday to ask them when the 2014 odds would be posted because I couldn't believe they hadn't showed up yet. They responded this morning with a typical government agency response - working on it, more work to do, may not be up for a couple more months.

I don't get it - really, how hard is it to put that information together?!?!? Wyoming typically has the odds posted within days of their drawings.

Sometimes I really wonder!!

Idaho posts the odds the day they post the results too. I could compile the odds reports in one day if I had access to the data! Don't understand what takes Utah so long, it sure as he!! isn't because they put the hunt unit name and weapon type on each page!

Thats the truth too UGAhunter. Sometimes Idaho posts them before they post the results. Utah could clean them up and make them quite a bit earlier to read than they are now.

At this rate we won't get them before application period comes around again!

Here's my theory. They jacked up the general deer draw and don't want to post the odds until the hunt is over.
I know a couple people that it looked like they should have drawn their 2nd choice general deer tag based on last few years #s. They had 1 point and last year the unit had several hundred tags that went with 0 points.
It could be that just due to the way the general deer draw is done that there is point creep happening but I've been waiting for the odds to come out so that I could see if this is the case.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-16-14 AT 08:00PM (MST)[p]Unaceptable is right!!!!

Hell, I've got 20 years invested into my moose tag,
Found a couple decent ones------A few better on differant units.

Would love to see the odds before the srason starts!

WTF Utah DWR????? ----- Pull Ur heads out!

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

Yes, I deleted a bunch of posts. I got complaints and I just don't want to deal with the back and forth crap and emails.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
Will you LIKE MonsterMuleys.com on Facebook! I need a friend....

I sent another email to the DWR today to ask about when the odds would be posted. Below is my email thread with them. They gave me a time frame on when the odds would be posted, but did not address my question about why it takes Utah so stinkin long to post the odds. Any one surprised?

They should be posted to our website mid September.

Thank you for your interest in Utah's wildlife!

On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 10:51 AM:
Any new update on when 2014 Big Game Drawing odds/statistics will be posted? I am curious why it takes the Utah DWR so long to post this data. I apply in several other western states each year and they have their drawing odds posted the very same day that the drawing results are posted or within a couple of days without fail.

What takes Utah so long to get these odds posted?

LAST EDITED ON Aug-21-14 AT 10:16PM (MST)[p]The information needed for Utah's Big Game draw odds reports is calculated and provided by the same company that does the draw, ie: Systems Consultants, dba: Utah Wildlife Administrative Services out of Fallon NV. That info is actually Task 11 in the Statement of Work which is the legal document describing tasks relating to the draw. That info (for 2014) was scheduled to be provided to the DWR by Wednesday, June 4, 2014.

"Task 11. The contractor will provide two(2) electronic files of the drawing results by Wednesday June 4, 2014.

The first file will be a print image of the hard copy for the successful list in Adobe Acrobat PDF suitable for printing at the DWR regional offices. The second file will be the Draw Odds in PDF format

At the top of the list for each hunt, the number of permits available and the number of permits issued for the hunt will be listed. The draw number will not be listed in either the hard or electronic versions of results.

Deliverables: Provide two(2) electronic files, as described above by the dates specified above."

So, DWR doesn't have the info until June 4 which is part of the holdup, which I can understand, but what happens to it after that is more of a concern, at least to this author.

Elkfromabove, thank you for the research. So Big Game Draw results are officially available on May 31st and DWR is contracted to receive the Odds report within 4 days.

>Elkfromabove, thank you for the research.
>So Big Game Draw results
>are officially available on May
>31st and DWR is contracted
>to receive the Odds report
>within 4 days.

Correct! Apparently, the draw results come in ahead of the deadline, but I don't know about the Odds Report.

My bet is that they are run at the same time and the 4 additional days in the contract allow for hard copies to be mailed.

Interesting, thanks Lee! You are, as always, one informed feller!

There's a reason momma made you eat your vegetables! It works for mule deer too, just ask me how!

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom