2014 Utah Moose

stu_padaso

LAST EDITED ON Sep-22-14 AT 04:16PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Sep-22-14 AT 04:15?PM (MST)

After waiting 6 long years - my little sister finally drew a moose tag on the Wasatch. Here is a picture of her and the dandy she killed on Friday night near Strawberry.

6282shareens_moose.jpg

P.S. the 6 long years comment was said with sarcasm.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-22-14 AT 06:10PM (MST)[p]Very nice moose. I have to say "6 long years"...Please, many are in the 18+ range. Congrats to your sister.

Exactly Utah400 (6 long years) ! Rather insulting to some of the folks on here. Oh yes! Congrats on the Moose! He's a Dandy!

I didn't need the post script stu....course I'm not a whiner! Sweet bull yer sister got! Hope I draw some day! Give her a big ole congrats from me!

I forget that my sense of humor does not always show through when I type. So that it is clear, I was simply joking about the 6 long year comment. I was serious about the congrats on a great looking moose.

>LAST EDITED ON Sep-22-14
>AT 06:10?PM (MST)

>
>Very nice moose. I have
>to say "6 long years"...Please,
>many are in the 18+
>range. Congrats to your
>sister.

My thoughts exactly!

Congrats to the lady!! Beautiful animal. Dang, the heads on those things are unreal big!

There's a reason momma made you eat your vegetables! It works for mule deer too, just ask me how!

Beauty!!! With 16 points, I wish I only had 6 more years to wait ;-)

Tell us a little more about how it all went down.

For all of you that think that she was LUCKY for drawing it in 6 years, that was just the beginning of the luck. She and her husband actually drove right pass this moose approx 15 minutes earlier because he was hiding in the willows. I happened to pass them driving up the road and stopped and talk to them. After we went our separate ways somebody flagged me down to see if I was moose hunting cause he had just found a monster bull. I told him no but proceeded to tell him that I just passed some moose hunters and told him to go catch up with them so we could go kill the bull. He took off down the road and caught up with them as I drove up to where the moose was. As they pulled up she got out of the truck, put a shell in, stepped off the side of the road and made a great broadside shot on him. After she put a second round in him she turned to us a said "So is he a good moose?" Hahaha. If she only knew... Congrats to her and her husband on a fantastic moose!! Sounds like they worked their butts off and all it took was a little luck to make it happen. I think her husband was the LUCKIER one of the two because he only had to pack that beast about 100 yards to the truck!!! Its experiences like this that I love being a sportsman. Sometimes our greatest memories are those where we help others fulfill their dreams. Im glad I was able to be a lucky part of this great story!! I was able to get the kill on video and if I get permission from her and her husband I will post it up later!!

Thanks for answering that :) I Don't think i could have said it better myself ! An experience i will never forget! I am so excited to see the video, a little nervous too haha I was so nervous and shaking so bad i can only imagine the footage.
This hunt was nothing i expected it to be and i wouldn't change ANY of it (well maybe the working our butts off part lol) or the way it happened. And yes i remember saying is he a good moose being somewhat in shock thinking did this just happen did i really just shoot this big bull. I am so lucky! And seeing how excited my hubby was was priceless! And yes after 6 long hours later (with my dad, brother, and other great help) only having to pack him a 100 yards... I think we all felt lucky. Oh and VERY tired! Man they are a huge animal
I keep saying to people its awesome to come across other hunters who are truly excited and happy for you and want to see you succeed on your hunt!
Many great memories were made, people met, and gorgeous mountain country covered. I am so sad this hunt is over but can truly say its a Once in a Lifetime hunt i will NEVER forget and couldn't be happier with the big beautiful bull i came away with!

Yes thank you for posting. It really is a cool pic to see. I too am interested to know when it was taken.

Im glad they found you on the mountain. I tried explaining it to your dad but he wasn't exactly sure where you were and told me to call your brother (which i was never able to get ahold of). I actually went back up there the next morning to make sure you were able to get it all out and there wasn't much left. Im curious to know how wide he was when you measured him? Im going to see if I can edit the video a little and then I will post it. You weren't the only one that was shaking a little as you will see in the video. :)

Congratulations on taking a great trophy bull.
You shouldn't want to change anything about your hunt because that's the way it happened. I quit wishing away past experiences years ago. I take em like they happen.

I too am hoping for a degree of luck on my upcoming (continuing) moose hunt. I think we're all lucky to get a chance to pursue and harvest any animal!

Zeke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom