2015 OTC ELK HUNT

HUNTER43

So its all over for 2014 and time to start looking foreward to 2015. Im looking at a OTC archery elk tag in Idaho next year. I had thought about the diamond creek unit but have heard some bad things about not being able to get away from pressure. Any suggestions on a good archery tag were i can get away from ghe crowds in the southern part of the state. Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

Lots of country....you will run into less people the further from access points you can get...in any of the units!

Yes lots of country... Its tough to narrow down were to start. Are the elk numbers good in the Diamond Creek area? Also are there wolves in this zone? Not looking to get in on anyones spot just a little general stuff on the zone.

Way to much hunting pressure. Camps everywhere, hunters everywhere, even way back because you go so far then they come in from another direction. Just my observations.

))))------->

Thanks guys i'll keep looking. How is the Middle Fork unit. I know it is all wilderness. Can it be hunted without pack animals? I ordered some maps of the area and will start digging into them when they show up. Does it sell out for NR.

I don't have any experience in the Diamond Creek Zone. One thing that's for certain is that no matter what zone you ask about, people are going to say no elk, too many wolves and too many hunters...

I can't really think of an OTC elk zone that won't have at least a few wolves in it. Look into the McCall Zone or the Sawtooth Zone. There isn't gobs of elk and sometimes they are tough to get to bugle. But it's easy to get away from people, without needing to use pack animals to get 10 miles in.

There are definitely huntable populations of elk in those zones, but it wont be easy. Pick an area, hunt it every year and learn it well.

Thanks tw i have concidered sawtooth, just thought it would have lots of pressure being so close to Boise. But have now seen at least theres a quota cap. Havent really looked at smokey mt, I'll check that out. You are rite need to just pick a unit stick will it year after year. Here in Nevada we just get to hunt cows and watch the big bulls walk on by lol

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom