2016 CA CDFW rules change proposal

huntin, i didn't have time to do much more than a quick skim over some of the material in there, did you notice anything that jumps out at you?

I didn't but would like to hear some comments on what others have found. Thanks!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

i also just skimmed over some of the deer stuff,,,, lots of materiel to read typical government stuff it reminds me of memos i read at work,,,, no telling what might be hidden in all the mumbo jumbo. but i didn't see anything really jump out at me either

Why in the world would they not leave room for less tags in the A and B zones if the herds need it? It looks like the amount of tags currently is 30,000 and 35,000 respectively. The new regs would leave that as the lowest amount in the future and go up from there if warranted. What happens if the herds have a major die off? They still want to give out the same amount of tags as now. I can tell you this. The deer herd west of Corning is hurting big time.

I read some of the pdf and disliked its format and data's. I am also old enough to see it as a highly studied document by California F&G and their Legal support Departments yet, there are many, and I mean many areas, to be concerned over. Before posting I made the pdf sections one color, my words in black and some items in red.

I am a newer person to MM's if not the newest and a neophyte insofar as if my colored sections will be retained once pasted into this forum.

I wish I had the health and energy to go to the February 11th, 2016 (8:30am & me = zero chance) meeting and also the one in Santa Rosa at the :) Flamingo Conference Resort & Spa :) April 14th, 2016 (Again @ 8:30am) and know I could stand before the Commission and Speak. I don't know if they allow such or if they have a time limit on anyone speaking or, if one must first do various steps to be recognized by the Commission in order to speak.

I do understand "Red Line Strike Out" works or term it; a process. I see no data that denotes if the individuals at the first meeting shall also be at the second and what mechanisms they have to Compose a gathering of "Allowed" information's from each meeting + letters and emails gathered then publicly announce all such information's and show, not assume, generalize or "Carve" a user helpful narrations, from all such public inputs. Then, meaning after such input is shown (editing out personal email addresses or envelope addresses) and also, conducting an Audit in which such individuals submitting input have previously had a valid Hunting and/or Fishing License and, assigning weight to each such person, per previous year(s) of having such a State License(s). Doing such allows a great deal in clarity and transparencies in Government Business Activities, Processes, Decree's and Decisional Outcomes and unknown Arbitration processes or Reconciliations. It also aligns itself with comparisons to adherence's to Federal laws and Discrimination's towards Disabled and Protected groups, and, many other factors which are blended into how our State Governments do business these days. In my views, there "Has Been" a series of Discriminatory and possibly, un-justifications in Rule and/or Law makings. I suppose one "Could" contend, large numbers (50+) of submitted emails/letters from large Cities where addresses and ISP's show, in an audit, such individuals have never held a Hunting or Fishing License (Sending Funds to F&G) may need to qualify such individuals insofar as their interactions currently or in the past, with wildlife. Such may be justified in Photography, demonstrated Trail Hiking (in California), Etc. If zero interaction is found in an audit, such individual or group data may be dismissed as, unfounded. Citizenship and Voting Rights has little to do in connection to actual wildlife interaction/knowledge's and current/former fiscal support to F&G and experiences connected with such lands that are zoned within California (Sections: 200, 202, 203, upward et al). The Department of Fish & Game HAS/IS conducting Audits on F&G License holders (the same as a Census) when compiling Hunter/Fishing success Reports and, having such a Requirement. Where does such "Requirement" find its Legal Authority and also, not impose upon ALL Residents/Citizens, the identical Poll, possibly done in a DMV, a Voting Registration Form, many other venues. Also, does a F&G License of any form require citizenship to obtain. Should it.....Can such be asked.. Just understand, everything I have written is just a Draft of my own notes and thoughts.

See below and I hope the color is retained so reading is more transparent and clear. I also properly made a link to another pdf this NOTICE speaks of but failes to attach or link to. Much of such does look positive to me. But I am not fully studied on either pdf. There should be a young smart Attorney reading these documents. Not me; a broken down old fart.

360(c)
Existing regulations provide for the number of deer hunting tags in the Additional Hunts. The proposed action provides a range of tag numbers for each hunt from which a final number will be determined, based on the post-winter status of each deer herd. These ranges are necessary at this time because the final number of tags cannot be determined until spring herd data are collected in March/April. Because various environmental factors such as severe winter conditions can adversely affect herd recruitment and overwinter adult survival, the final recommended quotas may fall below the current proposed range into the ?Low Kill? alternative identified in the most recent Environmental Document Regarding Deer Hunting. I highlighted "Because" due in several parts. First, when an Author begins a Long Sentence, it appears to me that someone else, edited the Document, adding length and repeating what has already been said by the original Author. Secondarily, it is a common sense belief among Hunters that any given Winter "May" cause unhealthy animals to parish, possibly for multiple factors, including vehicle traffic.

364 (Page 8)
Existing regulations in Section 364, Title 14, CCR, specify elk license tag quotas for each hunt. In order to achieve elk herd management goals and objectives and maintain hunting quality, it is periodically necessary to adjust quotas, seasons, hunt areas and other criteria, in response to dynamic environmental 9 and biological conditions. The proposed amendments to Section 364 will establish 2016 tag quotas within each hunt adjusting for annual fluctuations in population number, season dates and tag distribution. The complete amended text is found in the amended Regulatory Text of Section 364 with the Initial Statement of Reasons.

Under page 9;
Proposed Amendments:
Remove, Amend, and Establish New Hunt Areas. The Department is recommending changes to the Hunt Areas as described in amended subsections 364(a)(1) through (d)(20). It is here in normal Legal/Law codifications I would expect a direct link to the subject matter being written about, like this: http://www.fgc.ca.gov/regulations/2016/364isor.pdf
I briefly read some of this late today. I see mentioning(s) of Landowners and Damages (Presumably, from Elk)(Has/Does the State reimburse such Landowners with Public Funds, if so, at what rate under better business practices are such amounts found to be accurate). However, I know one such Landowner and he also is an Attorney. He does not allow the Public upon his lands, even though, in various other areas in the Document, Fish & Game mentions California Resources, as in Public Property, Stewardship's, etc... Seemingly giving, each mentioning, additional weight to justify any/all Commission decisions. If the State and such a Governor appointed Commission are both accurate, where shall the Public's rights, access to such Resources (Elk in this case) be given to the Citizens and/or Residents of California whilst such "ELK" stand upon private lands..? If such a Landowner Charges a monetary fee for Private Land access and Hunting pursuit of such Elk/"Public Resources", what fiscal mechanism is in place for such monies to be returned to the State..?

364.1 Current regulations in Section 364.1, SHARE Elk Hunts, T14, CCR, specify elk tag quotas for each hunt area. In order to achieve elk herd management goals and objectives (Not Mentioned what they are) and maintain hunting quality, (What is considered or written which denotes what High Quality equates to) it is periodically (What and when does Periodically occur) necessary to adjust quotas in response to dynamic environmental and biological conditions. (What does such a statement mean. They covered Winter in other areas. The Red situations must be clearly understood by all readers. Is this a Mountain Lion factor).

353 The Commission anticipates benefits to the health and welfare of California residents and benefits to the State?s environment because the proposed regulation assists the Department in the sustainable management of California?s big game populations.

Non-monetary benefits to the public

All Sections in this Notice The Commission does not anticipate non-monetary benefits to the protection of public health and safety, worker safety, the prevention of discrimination, the promotion of fairness or social equity and the increase in openness and transparency in business and government.

The California Fish & Game Commission PDF and up-coming hearings contains, in my opinion, wordings in violation of Government Code sections 11342.580 and 11346.2(a)(1) which I believe relates to the use of Plain English.
Effect on Small Business

It has been determined that the adoption of these regulations may affect small business. The Commission has drafted the regulations in Plain English pursuant to Government Code Sections 11342.580 and 11346.2(a)(1).

The following ENDING paragraph is worrisome:
Consideration of Alternatives

The Commission must determine that no reasonable alternative considered by the Commission, or that has otherwise been identified and brought to the attention of the Commission, would be more effective in carrying out the purpose for which the action is proposed, would be as effective and less burdensome to affected private persons than the proposed action, or would be more cost effective to affected private persons and equally effective in implementing the statutory policy or other provision of law. FISH AND GAME COMMISSION Sonke Mastrup Dated: December 15, 2015 Executive Director

Sonke Mastrup Resigns Published: Dec 22, 2015: Https://Www.Wonews.Com/T-FeatureArticle_MastrupResigns_12215.Aspx

Below Authored & Dated: Sonke Mastrup Dated: December 15, 2015 Executive Director. He wrote the document then days later resigned. Fish & Game has him as a Contact Person in the document/pdf: http://www.fgc.ca.gov/regulations/2016/Mammal_ntc.pdf

TITLE 14. Fish and Game Commission Notice of Proposed Changes in Regulations NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Fish and Game Commission (Commission), pursuant to the authority vested by Sections 200, 202, 203, 3960, 3960.2 and 3960.4 of the Fish and Game Code and to implement, interpret or make specific Sections 200, 202, 203, 203.1, 207, 3960, 3960.2, 3960.4 and 4756 of said Code, proposes to amend sections 265, 353, 360, 361, 362, 363, 364, and 364.1; and add section 708.18 Title 14, California Code of Regulations (CCR), relating to Mammal regulations for the 2016-2017 seasons.

Mallards said, "Dude, you like to hear yourself talk, don't you?"

...and you're a little bit rude aren't you mallards?

The guy is new, he wants to help. So maybe he could get his point across with less reading or fewer words, we need all the help we can get!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Call it like I see it and when half of a post is in an entirely different language, I fail to see how that's helpful to anyone. You be politically correct. I'll be rude and tell the truth. We need more of that in this country.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-17-16 AT 09:50AM (MST)[p]mallards said, "Call it like I see it and when half of a post is in an entirely different language, I fail to see how that's helpful to anyone. You be politically correct. I'll be rude and tell the truth. We need more of that in this country."

Ok Mallwrds, fine, i can call it like i see it too. Why is it in all my years here that you don't do a darn thing other to come here and whine about the way things are? Not once anything positive but complain and whine like a little kid that's not getting enough candy.

Now you are being rude, insulting, bitching, and whining about about a new guy that you know nothing about, that only wants to help. You're being an ass-hole mallards and to tell the truth, i don't think you can help it!

Joey

>LAST EDITED ON Jan-17-16
>AT 09:50?AM (MST)

>
>mallards said, "Call it like I
>see it and when half
>of a post is in
>an entirely different language, I
>fail to see how that's
>helpful to anyone. You be
>politically correct. I'll be rude
>and tell the truth. We
>need more of that in
>this country."
>
>
>Ok Mallwrds, fine, i can call
>it like i see it
>too. Why is it in
>all my years here that
>you don't do a darn
>thing other to come here
>and whine about the way
>things are? Not once anything
>positive but complain and whine
>like a little kid that's
>not getting enough candy.
>
>Now you are being rude, insulting,
>bitching, and whining about about
>a new guy that you
>know nothing about, that only
>wants to help. You're being
>an ass-hole mallards and to
>tell the truth, i don't
>think you can help it!
>
>
>Joey
>
>
>"It's all about knowing what your
>firearms practical limitations are and
>combining that with your own
>personal limitations!"

Because much of the time I have to spend my time refuting ridiculous posts like yours without any evidence to support it. I've been plenty positive and helpful to guys over the years who have needed it and for you to allege otherwise just shows your ignorance. Once again, calling it as I see it. For the record, there ain't much to be positive about in the state of affairs of CA hunting and guys like you who and your rose-colored glasses aren't helping matters. As for my initial claim, have you seen the guy's other posts? Ain't much in them that is helpful on a hunting forum. Oh wait, I forgot--this is the CA forum.

Mallards, you know, i really don't like calling guys out these days but Jager is a lifelong hunting buddy and friend that is new here and wants to help. You might not know it but he is just the kind of guy that could pull off organizing a 100K person rally to help defend our hunting heritage at the State Capital. I know him, i don't doubt that he could do it one bit! Did you read this?

http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID5/23137.html#16

I don't have rose colored glasses not by a long shot but we are still hunting here and there is still the possibility that we will for a long time.

All this still does not excuse you from being rude. Now get up and make sure you don't miss kicking your dog on the way out! lol

Joey

Dear Mallards; I'm most certainly your huckleberry

Ewe wrote in Parts: "Once again, calling it as I see it". Then: "Call it like I see it and when half of a post is in an entirely different language, I fail to see how that's helpful to anyone".

Seems it was.

I'll not be rude and tell the truth. Now I fully understand what President Obama means when he speaks about folks over dosing on Prescription Medications and the after effects of Street Drugs.
744wilecoyotea.jpg

9869iseeamallard.jpg

Yes, I am a Neophyte to Monster Muley's. I know I write more than is necessary for most readers. What I should do is not enter this forum and haul my big Butt and rotund belly outside and walk. I may lack the grace to enter posts as expected to meet your criteria. I may log out and forget to return. I actually do appreciate your post. It allows me to attain a better insight into someones skills, knowledge, abilities + time in the world dealing (not watching) with real issues that matter to every ones future. In the latter I mean, not unsolicited oratory (self proclaimed expert in Buffoonery) wherein education barriers (actually poor social graces, possibly pent-up inner frustrations wanting to come out of the closet yet hasn't. See Sigmund Freud on psychosexual development) would never allow someone of your worldly skills to enter a Cabinet room as a member of the Cabinet, A State/Federal Commission member making decisions that ratify, change, omit and initiate National and/or International rules/laws. I am not insulting you, after all, I couldn't. It is air apparent you do such yourself in what may be referred to as being blindfolded in a dark room and taking fast draw hip shots in all directions....all the while, hollering "I'll get dat Silly Wabbit".

Case in Point (we may all learn from new person's entering and posting. Case in point to follow) where I as Mallard nagged on, used "Foreign...Oh My" Languages. I am quite sure after reading various post, we have many high IQ and experienced individuals all through MM's. Most everyone comes to the forum(s) seeking knowledge, friendships and when proper, sharing some. However, as I read the post seeking a stuffed Horse, I actually felt strongly what the true topic was but could not be sure which Science disciple it may be in. Or, if the writer was a J-1 Visa student. And America does benefit from J-1 Students. Here (I made____ for Philipp & Thomas last names) but under one name, this is who wrote. Asking help to this wonderful MM's website:

Thomas _____ is a physicist at Stanford University. He received his PhD at the University of Vienna for his work in experimental quantum physics. He authored several papers in peer reviewed journals. Some of his interests are microscopy, quantum physics, the photoelectric effect and underwater rugby.

Philipp ______ studied Physics and Mathematics at the University of Vienna and is currently a physicist at UC Berkeley. Since 2015 he is supported by the Erwin-Schr?dinger Fellowship. His work is currently focusing on experimental quantum mechanics and on the search for dark energy using atom interferometry. Besides that, he is interested in a variety of topics: tests of Lorentz invariance, ? quantum decoherence, ? quantum linearity, as well as cooling/trapping and quantum optics with atoms, biomolecules and nanoparticles. He is the author of many peer reviewed scientific papers and is not a fan of cilantro.

Enar de Dios Rodr?guez (The writer and She is young and has done a great deal. She has my respect) received a BA and MA in Translation and Interpretation from the University of Vigo (Spain, 2009 and 2011). In 2011 she started a BFA in Photography at the University of Applied Arts of Vienna (Austria) and is currently a MFA candidate at the San Francisco Art Institute (expected in May 2016). As a translator, she has translated Cahier d?un retour au pays natal by Aim? C?saire from French to Galician [ISSN 0214 9117] and e-publishes her translations of contemporary and conceptual poetry in a blog called latrasdos. Her visual work, dealing with photographic concepts, the idea of the archive and textual imaginery, has been exhibited at the Laznia Centre for Contemporary Art of Gdansk (Poland), Art Madrid (Spain), Galerie Z (Austria) and SOMarts (USA). She has being recipient of the BMWF Scholarship (2014, Ministry of Science and Research, Vienna), the SFAI Fellowship Award (2014, San Francisco Art Institute, California) and the Murphy and Cadogan Contemporary Art Award (2015, Murphy and Cadogan Foundation).

I personally find it an Honor to have folks of this caliber "Asking Us" for Help. One person did make a rude entry. He was man enough to apologize. He gained my Respect after his apology. It will be from young Scientist that our Hunting, Fishing and entire eco system (World) may be addressed in future laws. Dear Genius Mr. Mallard, if you sat with such individuals, what would/could You bring to the table..? A knee jerk negative statement based on living in a basement..?

Your FEW Words may cause damage. Your desire to, as you eliquently said: Call it like it is.... is far off base. In my humble opinion, you make the good people here, appear sour, bad and distrustful of anything you personally don't understand....which is apparently, quite massive. As a Rookie here, its not my place to say to you, take your negatives elsewhere. Maybe Seinor members may.
9921doorslamonagenius.jpg

What if the person who made a distasteful comment had taken a Pro-Gun, Pro-Hunting person and made them our enemy..? Bash the wrong person(s) and you'll lose your basement corner. I will be helping them and possibly introducing them to truly High Speed Photography. Example of what I mean:

Look at: https://wci.llnl.gov/facilities/site-300/contained-firing-facility

Then, on the Left, Open (NIF) or, just clickey here: https://wci.llnl.gov/facilities/nif

If Mr. Mallard knows zero about Standford, peek here: https://wci.llnl.gov/facilities/lcls

Soooooo.....yes, I do use many words. I have so much loose matter rolling around in my noggin (and much has been forgotten, Falls out, bouncing on the Cattle yards) I try to respond properly (My proper shall never be Your Proper).
336neverlooking.jpg

My response on the interesting California laws failed to retain the colors showing what the Commission is writing and my possible issues. I have been reading Law seemingly my entire life. Since its established You are a Genius, can You stand before such a Commission and present legal briefs and verbal argument's that you Pray such a Commission to lend weight upon..? Awe, shucks, why'd I ask, sure U-R.

http://www.fgc.ca.gov/regulations/2016/364isor.pdf

It sounds to me like F&W is proposing a major over haul of the elk hunting zones. It also appears to me that one reason is that elk herds are expanding and so boundaries need to be changed and expanded. (or at least tweaked) They are also trying to address some private land issues.

This should increase tag numbers and allow for more opportunity. I think? :)

The adoption hearing will be April 14th 2016 in Santa Rosa, CA.

+1 eel, looks like Joe has been busy! :)

Joey

eel & sage, et al; I would actually like to go to the first meeting in Sacramento but I'd need both of you in the Hotel Room next to me with crowbars because I don't move well so early.

Do you know the steps in order to be heard (Officially Scheduled) by the Commission insofar as having done such or know of someone who has..?

Someone else here might know???

You and eel ought to be able to handle it. I'm better suited for if the $hit ever hits the fan.

Ya know, those active anti people, they hate our guts, think that we are all knuckle dragging, mongoloid, completely uneducated slobs from the stone age. Many i see comment that we should all die, be eaten, or even be put to death. At the very least, they believe that we should give up hunting and conform to their wishes.

Can you imagine that much hating toward a group of people they actually know little about? They want us that hunt dead!

And these are some smart people, not all but there's smart folks figuring that the day has come, times have changed, and we should be done away with. I guess i'm not smart enough to understand how or why people can be so much that way. I don't want to change them or bring them any harm, but just leave the fuc what i been doing three generations before me and all my life, alone!

Joey

The adoption hearing will be April 14th 2016 in Santa Rosa, CA. That is a THURSDAY.

Hell, that is only about 5-6 miles from my house. But I hate to sit and listen to a bunch of talk for hours.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

>eel & sage, et al; I
>would actually like to go
>to the first meeting in
>Sacramento but I'd need both
>of you in the Hotel
>Room next to me with
>crowbars because I don't move
>well so early.
>
>Do you know the steps in
>order to be heard (Officially
>Scheduled) by the Commission insofar
>as having done such or
>know of someone who has..?
>

start by writing letters to the commissioner

I can't write much now, my Daughter was in a Hit & Run. She is ok.

I have a need. Other than mallard, is there some of you who has posted above that I may exchange PM's with. I actually enjoy reading Law. I need some California based folks who I may exchange some possible legal errors with and, in exchange, I gather further experience from. I actually know how to be brief but Law's and Applying them or asking (Meeting landscape) in the correct manner is a different. Those I work with (via PM's) might gain visions in how we approach the subject(s). If I can maintain my end (Energy & Motivation) possibly, what we learn as a Team, may later be shared with others, in various States.
Just a thought.

Good Night
Jagerdad

Jager, glad to hear that your daughter is ok!

You might touch bases thru PM with this guy. He has his hand in the pie more often than not.

http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID5/23157.html

That third post of his, there's a link in there that provides some Calif numbers of hunters and the economic benefit derived therefrom. Documented proof... 2011 numbers but still...

Joey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom