2B January Archery Hunt

bowelk

I was looking for any info out there if anyone has any information they would be willing to share. I have only been in 2B during November several years back and do not know the unit very well or what to expect in January.

Cold and snow ( we dont have snow yet but should by them) Pack chains for the tires roads are really BAD. Deer numbers should be good if we get more snow in CO... keep your eye on the weather. Most of the North area of the unit will have lots of small bucks and a few nice deer mixed in. Best time to scout is just before xmas then the rut is on then try and re-find the bucks after the 1st... have fun pack chains!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.200inches.com

I have not been on that hunt yet but I have heard a lot about it. You will see deer guaranteed. BUT it depends on the snow. The more snow CO gets the more deer you will see. You will see some really good bucks but they will keep their distance and most of the time are hard to stalk.

Good Luck

PACK CHAINS!!!!!!! If there is one best piece of advice, that is it. Without em, your hunt will be spent diggin your truck out and beggin water truck drivers to pull you out. Very nasty mud in unit 2. Buzzard park is where I would begin my search for deer in January. Seems to be a good starting point and relatively easy to get into, regardless of weather.

Thanks for the input. I will be prepared with chains. Do any of you have any suggestions if I should concentrated closer to the lake side of the unit or the east side and north or south of the unit. I am willing to put in as much physcal work as needed but would love to get away from pressure. Also any suggestions on hunting method would be great, I am not sure what to expect.

Road hunt.

Will be deer all over. Crunching snow makes it difficult to sneak in on a deaf mooo cow.

I would stick in the north part of the carson forest near Buzzard Park. I do a lot of December cow hunts over there and the woods are full of great bucks.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom