2b map

JACOB2006

Someone posted on here their is a map of 2b roads showing what gates are open and witch gates are closed.I have a Jan tag and am starting my pre scouting on maps.If anyone has some spots to check it would be appreciated.Just don't want to eat this tag took 14 years to draw it.

One more thing I was told it was legal to take atvs behind closed gates. Don't sound right but wanted to ask some one who knew

horses yes - ATVs no - you do get the oilfield traffic back behind the gates but just checking well, pulling water and starting compressors.

They usually send a package with the map in it from game and fish that shows the gates.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-14-09 AT 05:33PM (MST)[p]That is a very nice hunt to have. You will see monster bucks everywhere but you probably already knew that. You are very lucky. Good luck.

If you get one, post your success.

I dont think the G&F sent out the maps this year....we got 3 tags in Nov. and didnt recieve a map, unless the gates arent locked in Nov.?

My sister drew the 2b youth hunt starting this Saturday. She got a small map from the G&F showing the gates that would be locked. It said the gates will be locked starting Oct 15.

Maps are usually sent out either by the BLM or the Forest Service. You should be receiving one soon.
GOOD LUCK on the hunt!!!!

I have the first season tag beginning October 24th and I got my map two days ago. It wasn't from G & F though, it was from the BLM in Farmington.

I am a non resident, and they just sent the map to me.

On another note, I have left messages with NM F & G to call me regarding unit 2B because I have never hunted there. They haven't returned my calls. Wildlife officers from other states are usually good about this sort of thing. Has anyone else had the same response from New Mexico? I leave for NM next Tuesday.

Once the season starts in Sept, you can forget trying to reach the wardens. The main Rosa road (north of 64) is blocked about 3-4 miles before the end if I recall. Not a bad place to hike in from if you are prepared to spike camp. All the feeder roads to various drilling sites are blocked. If you scout this out before the season, you'll see the gates with signs indicating they are closed mid Oct. I hunted the Sept Mzldr hunt. Only resident deer then. I'm told the deer are everywhere from Nov on. In Jan, you need to get close which is the challenge. Recommend you have chains. If wet, the roads get very exciting. Good luck. Respond with pics. I've applied for this hunt annually. Anxious to hear a report and see pics from this time of year.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom