2nd Draw Results

grizzly

Long Time Member
The 2nd Draw results are supposed to be posted the 20th.

When will we be able to access via the backdoor?

Grizzly

Rumor has it late on the 18th. Of course it is IDFG so it could be the 24th.

You will be notified by the 25th and if its like the 1st u can backdoor it, but i still havnt been notified for the tag i drew yet

47e9fcb352ad748f.jpg

has anyone seen my kittie

Huntnfever... are you saying you have a tab for the 2nd drawing to purchase your permit?

LAST EDITED ON Aug-19-09 AT 03:01PM (MST)[p]sorry i ment for the tag i drew in the 1st drawing i just found out i had recieved it just never saw it. I would say maybe backdoor by the 23 maybe u can find out

47e9fcb352ad748f.jpg

has anyone seen my kittie

Hunting Fever you may want to do some serious checking with F&G. If you really haven't bought your tag it may be gone, I believe Aug 1 was the deadline. The computer fouled up my address, and I was not notified. I went in and bought my tag, it came up as the correct controlled hunt tag.

yea if you didnt buy a first draw tag yet it already went back into the 2nd draw so its gone, but i believe what he is saying is he checked the backdoor after the first draw and found it that way so you should be able to check the backdoor for round 2 results before official results are posted

Nothing yet as far as I can tell. That is unless I didn't draw again in the second round. This is per the Back Door option.

Anyone draw????

I thought I read that the results would be posted by the 20th on the website, so I'm hoping that by 5:00 PM we should know!

Dang, I just re-read the regs and they say the drawing is on the 20th and those successful will be notified by the 25th!

Any left over tags go on sale August 25th so I would think we would need to know a few business days before then so we could pick them up by that date. Who knows though?!

I know, that is the weird thing. Guess it depends on how you interpret the regulations. I was under the impression that the "leftover permits" meant that any that were not drawn.

From the big game regulations:

• August 1 – Last date for purchase of permits from first
deer, elk, pronghorn, fall bear drawing.
• August 5-15 – Second application period for deer, elk,
pronghorn, fall bear.
• August 25 – Winners of second drawing for deer, elk,
pronghorn, and fall bear will be notified by this date.
• August 25 – Leftover permits from second deer, elk,
pronghorn, bear drawing go on sale at 10 a.m.

I don't see how they could notify the winners and put the leftover permits up for sale on the same day unless they were talking about different things.

I think the tags from the 2nd go around are just gone forever. The 2nd draw leftover tags are those leftover after that draw and not those picked up, e.g. 10 tags, 2 ppl apply - 8 tags for sale on the 25th. If you don't pick up your tag this go around I think it's just not issued. I could be wrong, but that's how I understand it.

Hopefully the back door option will be available soon!

The drawing is today then you have until the 25 to buy your tag or your sol and they are sold first come basis at 10 am on the 25.

I understand it the same way. If you draw on the 2nd draw it's your tag. You can buy it the day before the hunt starts if you want to. I believe it also means that you couldn't change your mind and purchase a general season tag if you drew on the 2nd drawing. I may be wrong but that is my understanding.

I spoke to IDFG in Boise, tags allocated in 2nd draw are permanently held by the successful applicant. There is no time limit on when they must be purchased and they will never be sold to the public.

The 25th date is for tags not applied for in either 1st or 2nd draw.

Grizzly

I just phoned the Salmon office and was told Boise had just finished running the 2nd round drawing and the results would be available tomorrow.

"Patience grasshopper, when you can snatch the pebble from my hand it will be time for you to leave".

Results tomorrow works! I wonder if they are loading them now for the backdoor. Usually find out a day before posting since they have to upload them into the system. The buy online website appears down right now too... hmmm... and I thought this crazy time of year checking websites was over!

They must be loading now, The back door method is will not let you in right now. Good Luck!!!!

The regular fish and game website has the results up already...not the backdoor but under controlled hunt results.

Got lucky and drew a antelope muzzy on 2nd draw. Looking at the available non-res elk and deer tags available, there are alot. Over 6000 non-resident A & B elk tags available. I think last year at this time it was in the hundreds.

I don't think that the residents are going to go hog wild over the non-resident tags, but I might be wrong. I have a sportsman?s license. I have already bought my elk tag but I don't think I am even going to go get it. I am not the only one. I know a lot of guys that didn't draw and have said ?I am not wasting my money on an open hunt?. Game populations in this state right now are not going to attract many hunters in state or out.
Bold steps need to be taken to improve hunting in Idaho.
I have a deer tag, and my son has a youth doe tag. We will focus on those two tags and we won't be wasting money on hunting elk. I have decided a while back that if I draw a tag I will hunt. If I don't draw a tag I will not waste the money on an open hunt.
Ron

>I don't think that the residents
>are going to go hog
>wild over the non-resident tags,
>but I might be wrong.
>I have a sportsman?s license.
>I have already bought my
>elk tag but I don't
>think I am even going
>to go get it. I
>am not the only one.
>I know a lot of
>guys that didn't draw and
>have said ?I am not
>wasting my money on an
>open hunt?. Game populations in
>this state right now are
>not going to attract many
>hunters in state or out.
>
>Bold steps need to be taken
>to improve hunting in Idaho.
>
>I have a deer tag, and
>my son has a youth
>doe tag. We will focus
>on those two tags and
>we won't be wasting money
>on hunting elk. I have
>decided a while back that
>if I draw a tag
>I will hunt. If I
>don't draw a tag I
>will not waste the money
>on an open hunt.
>Ron

Another uplifting message from our old pal Ron!

I am going to Alaska on sunday. I decided that I can go there on a fishing trip instead of waisting money here on elk in open hunts. Ron

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom