3 Backcountry B-Zone Blacktails 08

C

c_whit2009

Here are some pics of 3 bucks we've taken so far this season in the high country b-zone burns. They all measure between 18-20 wide and 16-18 tall. Let us know what you think
48e989d649f3968a.jpg
48e98a274c40ccc7.jpg
48e98a664dcd357e.jpg
48e98a904ee9028c.jpg
48e98ade50e86e0e.jpg

Very nice bucks!! All of those bucks are shooters, IMO. Were there any fleas or ticks on those deer? I've heard that the deer in burn areas won't have ticks of fleas because they'll roll around in the ash and the ticks/fleas don't like it. I shot a deer last December in an area that wasn't burned on Catalina Island and it was covered with ticks and fleas. On the same trip my Dad shot a deer in a burn area on the island and it didn't have any ticks or fleas. Did those bucks?

Steve

Great bucks. That is three years in a row that we have had at least a thousand acre burn. The bucks love to roll in it. IMO the first year of a burn is the best!! Congrats

What do I think?.....you boys did great! Congratulations on some fine bucks.

BOHNTR )))---------->

Well done boys! Very nice set of bucks. Got to love those burns.

Matt
"Opportunity is missed by most people
because its dressed in overalls
and looks like work."
Thomas Edison

Bucks love to roll in the ash to help with fleas and ticks, these did still have some but not near as bad, Deer will move in very soon after a burn just to roll in the ash, good luck hunting

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom