3 tags / 3 states

lvelk

I was completely blessed this year, archery deer tags in Nevada & Utah; deer/elk tag in Montana. I've been putting in for the same hunts for years and never had all hit until now, last year 0'fer. Main problem with this fortune is time: Montana begin sept - end nov, Utah mid aug - mid sept, Nevada all nov (101L).

If you had a choice what would you do? I will probably do all in some fashion, but I can only really hit one truly hard.

Did you just draw the general tag in Montana or did you draw a special draw unit. And what area did you draw in Nevada. Hunted in Montana for several years. That was before the wolves had put a real hurting on the elk though. Should be fun. Good luck.

LAST EDITED ON May-28-11 AT 09:40AM (MST)[p]Just the general for now, still waiting on special permit draw 4 montana. I'm in for area 700 arechery elk montana. 101 late in nevada.

Hope you know somebody in MT, its getting tuffer to get permission anymore. I gave up on the NR general tag in MT, they give out like 500,000 of them and unless you know somebody its real hard to get on land. Hunted the Elkhorns south east of helena a few years ago, had to pay $50.00 access fee's everyday to access public lands, thats why i love Nevada, so much public lands and the hills dont move with orange on opening day. Goodluck on your NV deer hunts.

I would focus on the NV deer hunt. A late tag is always a good one. I would go to UT early and try and catch one while they're still in the velvet and easy to spot (if there is such a thing as easy). Then hunt the elk rut in MT. Aug in UT, Sep in MT and Nov in NV that should work.

I ditto sagebrushes plan.

500,000 NR tags in Montana??? Don't think so. They limit em at 17,000, State law.

I've hunted the late Rubys deer hunt, archery. Fantastic & Tough!!!

I hunted the week of Thanksgiving and the week after. 0 in Elko, -3 in Ely. You are in the middle and higher elevation. Try shooting fingers in sub zero weather. AND the deer are off the top in the bitterbrush zone. No cover. Couldn't make a single stalk successfully. Everytime I had to get past 2-4 herds of does to get to the buck. Never failed I'd get made, no cover. But would I do it again?? YES.

Good luck!!!!!!!!

There are 17,000 deer/elk combo NR tags, and an additional 6,500 deer tags. I said half million as sarcasm, it just feels like it when your up there. I agree the UT and NV deer hunts will be great.

If I draw MT 700, my friend has access to private land bordering cmr. I am looking forward to chasing deer in the rut in NV. It will be a busy/expensive 3 months.

I hunted Utah general archery last year and my son and I drew it again this year. Utah is not like Nevada much of the land is locked up, its a pain in the azz. I would get maps of Utah so you know where you are at and not on a Damm CWMA unit. They are a big pain in the butt so glad we don't deal with that in Nevada. Good luck.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom