30 " muleys

beavis14

LAST EDITED ON Jan-18-11 AT 02:45PM (MST)[p]just curious what unit or units you fellows think have the most 30 " bucks. my vote is 34 and 45 seen some jaw droppers in both areas. unfortunatly not during deer season !

LAST EDITED ON Jan-18-11 AT 08:00PM (MST)[p]I've probably seen at least 10 to 15 bucks over 30" in unit 39 this year, all up by Idaho City and Rabbit Creek!

>LAST EDITED ON Jan-18-11
>AT 08:00?PM (MST)

>
>I've probably seen at least 10
>to 15 bucks over 30"
>in unit 39 this year,
>all up by Idaho City
>and Rabbit Creek!

i second this.

ridgeline outdoors

Shhhhhh Idaho city doesn't have any deer, kinda curious when these monsters are spotted in Rabbit Creek? I live near the big Idaho City and while there are deer in rabbit creek off season I don't see anything but campers and hunters during the season. I sat on a ridge one day while dirt biking, counted 3 pickups and 7+\- hunters all within a close distance inside the rabbit creek drainage area

i am almost 100 % sure they were being sarcastic. imho within a 10 mile radious of idaho city if you took every buck rack available in this area during the rifle season and glued them all together you couldn't get 30 " out of it. deer hunting around there is waaaaaaay down from where it used to be. used to see good buks around the dump and pilot peak but have only seen a 16 " 3x4 and a forkey in the last three years elk hunting and zero does. used to see a couple dozen does a day.

Theyve had to have been, This year i hunted near the dump for a few days but there are WAY to many people. Went and walked down a 15 mile trail up by pilots (Mendan trail i believe) saw wolf tracks, more wolf tracks, and even more wolf tracks. And one cow elk and a two grouse.

Here are the two deer that were in my front yard this last year (about 20 yards from my front door). around September. Big one in front little 2 pointer in back. Biggest deer ive seen since i moved here.

DCtrip001.jpg

That is a wide buck! Definitely in the rut, he probably migrated in from Montana for the rut. They do that you know...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom