300 H&H Load

drake2h

Grandpa passed down his pre-64 300 H&H a few years ago and I'm finally starting to reload. I've found this gun shoots 180 grain rounds particularly well and want to stick with that weight for the deer/elk hunting I do. Bullet (possibly Accubonds, Partitions, Sciroccos, or others) and powder recommendations?

71.5 grns of RL22 + 180 partition = 3124fps from 26".....my gun shoots them about .8" at 100yds.

I'll give you 300 for it sight unseen. What do you say ?

JB

Good OLD caliber that will kill anything. Any premium bullet it shoots the best will more then work. Take the low side of 300WM data to start.

I use 74 gr. of H-4831 with a 180 partition and a Fed 215M primer in my pre-64 Super Grade. very accurate and gets 3070 fps. if you try it start a couple grains under that though, it's a max load.

Thanks to all you guys for your suggestions. I've had good luck with the Partitions in this gun so far, so I'm glad to hear some folks are sticking with them! Like it was mentioned though, it'll be fun to play with several of the premium bullets and see which this gun favors.

just wondering. my uncle gave me his 300 H&H. is there any factory loads available.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom