300 ultra mag help

jd332001

Hi Guys,

Wanted know if there is a problem with using the RCBS Rockchuker reloading kit for the 300 RUM and the 270 WSM. So the base diameter of the 270 WSM is .555 in or 14.10 MM. The RUM is .55 in or 14.0 MM. Is this correct and if so is there a problem when seating the bullets using the same press (different dies of course)?????? Will this cause any inconsistancys while seating the bullets. Thanks for the help in advance.

Josh

You can buy all the shell holders the press is universal.

I've reloaded everything from 22 hornet to 338 RUM on my Rockchucker.

Stay thirsty my friends

Thanks sixpack.

I guess what im asking is there a problem with using the same shellholder for both the 270 wsm and the 300 rum? most of the calibers i looked at are the same as the 270 wsm (243, 7mm, 300 wsm, etc) but was somewhat suprised that the base diameter was different for the 300 rum (smaller at that). reloaded about 150 last year and used them and had good accuracy not great. killed a bull and deer with gun but just realized it this year they are actually diff diameters. so i guess i need to go get a seperate shellholder for my 300 rum then huh????

thanks in advance.

Josh

I see, if I remember right one is .535 and the other is .534 or something and the standard H&H based magnums are .531 and .532. that's as good as the same I use the same shellholder for all, to be honest I didn't know they sold anything else for them.

A couple thouandths wouldn't matter but if it did the downstroke on sizing would be the only time it might be an issue. it's just not that precise your case has to float around enough to line up with the die anyway.

Stay thirsty my friends

thanks guys for the answers. i ended up going and buying the ultra mag shellholder today. for only 7.99 i mind as well. i appreciate the responses guys.

Josh

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom