300 WSM Brass ?

R

Rem308

I am looking for 20-25 pieces of Winchester once fired Nickel plated brass for my 300 WSM.If you have any you ca PM me.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-04-09 AT 02:46PM (MST)[p]Just click on the envelope to send a message.

I had full length resized some 300ultramag brass there was brass from three different guns and the brass would fit specific guns. The stuff from my gun would work in mine and person b it would only fit in his and person c his. If we tried to load a piece of brass from the other guys gun we would have to run a cleaning rod down the bore to get the case out. Do you have any idea of why that would be?

Sounds like one of your rifles chamber is over sizes a little . Do you load your reloads a little hot?If you do this can happen from over pressure.

No all of the brass is factory once fired. We are all just learning to reload. Each piece of brass could only be chambered in the gun that origanaly fired it.

Hit the bottom of your die with the grinder till it fits.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

instructions in your reloading manual will tell you how to full resize brass...if it s brass shot from a different rifle than you have to do a full resize.

Sorry I have gone the extra 1/4 turn. I dont want to full length resize. DOesnt that take away brass life if you full lenght resize every time. So I think we will have to keep the brass seperate that way it doesn't happen. Thank you guys for the information.

FL sizing isnt gonna make too big of difference in case life. it is more of an issue with belted rounds, it is said that the brass thickens above the belt.. i dont have a problem with this, i fire my cases a set number of times, then load them for the last time and vaccume seal em and put them in ammo cans.

if you are not FL sizing, your right, you need to keep the brass with the gun it was fired in. if you still had problems after bottoming out the die and then + 1/4 turn, for what ever reason you may need a small base size die.

My 300 WSM is a hunting rifle and I always full length size my hunting loads.I can't see that neck sizing helps any in accuracy and does not extend brass life on the 300.maybe neck sizing helps with the benchrest shooters ,but me personly could never tell any difference in accuracy in my hunting rifles. I use Hornady Dies for my 300 WSM,they seem to work the best for me for full length sizing.Every round chambers like new factory loads.The main reason I reload for the WSM is the cost.I load a box of 20 rounds for under $20 with premium bullets that would cost $50-$60 for factory loads.

Well,I will not need to be looking for more brass for the 300 WSM.I decided to sell the rifle today. Bullets are too high priced for this rifle for me.Going back to using my 30-06.

By handloading I can load for near same cost as 30-06,itis the availlability of brass and the cost of factory ammo that has steered me away from the 300 wsm. Thought I had it sold yesterday ,but the buyer changed his mind.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-07-09 AT 04:58PM (MST)[p]>Hit the bottom of your die
>with the grinder till it
>fits.
>
>"A well regulated militia, being necessary
>to the security of a
>free state, the right of
>the people to keep and
>bear arms shall not be
>infringed."

DO NOT TAKE A GRINDER TO THE DIE !!!!! If the cam over method doesnt work use a flat surface and some 600 grit alum oxide paper and take of 3-4 thousanths of the SHELL HOLDER..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Oh com'on Snort. :)

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom