.300 WSM

W

WalleyeJason

Now, I have been kind of thinking about getting one of these guns. I was at the range last night shooting my 7mm Mag. and there was a guy shooting next to me and he was shooting the 300 WSM. I started talking to him about the gun, and he asked me if I wanted to shoot it.

It weighed only 6 lbs and felt nice, the only thing I did not like about it was the saftey, It seemed like it took extra effort to move, maybe it wasnt broke in yet??

He got his at WalMart on sale for $385.00 Sounds like a pretty good buy to me?

What do you guys think of this gun?

WJ

I have not shot the 300 WSM, however I own the 270 WSM and really like it. Shot a buck at 411 yds last year and performed great. The difference between the 300 and the 270 would be more of a personal preference, although the 300 packs more punch. By the way, I also previously shot a 7mm. I shoot the 270 WSM much better than the 7. The only problem I have with it is the ammo is a little tough to find (compared to a 7mm).

I think you would be happy with the 300 and I recommend the 270 highly. The safety is probably just stiff from being new. Mine is a model 70 and it was stiff at first also.

I own one on an A-Bolt action, and I loooove this gun. Mine weighs about 6.5 with the scope, and the muzzle brake has got to be one of the most efficient I've ever seen, because this rifle kicks like a .243. I am enjoying consistent 2-inch groups at 300 yards with factory ammo, and much tighter groups with hand-loads. It is a zipper!

Another nice gun for the money is the Tikka T3 - you can get a .300 WSM Stainless/Composite with scope rings for around $550. They say out of the box 1" groups. It has a detachable mag and weighs about 5.5 lbs.

This gun is so hot right now that most suppliers have a tough time keeping them in stock. Search around.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom