32A hunt

deepforks

well, im starting my hunt tomorrow. its been open since oct 10th but ive been waiting for some weather and the rut. lots of buddies hunted the general season and the deer seen were few and far between. i'll be up the last 8 days of the hunt, so i'm hoping the weather keeps rolling in:) if anyone else has this tag, post some updates too. not looking for places. i know this unit well, and have my areas lined out. just hoping to hear about some success up there.

had a great first outing yesterday. that weather sure got the critters moving. saw deer all over, all day long. tracks everywhere. only saw 7 bucks and only one was chasing does. two were failry decent and one was a fairly heavy 24"ish four point. he'd be a shooter the last couple days, but i couldnt do it on the first time out. came across three black wolves and watched them split up and go after a group of deer. it was wild and got my blood boiling. they were way too far out to get a shot at, plus they were on the move. after i saw them trying to run down the deer, i did crack a round off in their direction to try and spook the deer, after the deer reappeared. didnt work. the deer wouldnt take their attention off the devil dogs. i've got video of them that i'll try and upload. it's not very good quality.
6774047.jpg

3082048.jpg

Hey Deepforks are you off hunting this week?? Got done elk hunting early and would love to help glass a buck for you and give them dog's heck!!!

i figured them at 1,000 yards (+/-). checked google earth last night and they were right around 950 yards from the ridge i was on. here's the video i uploaded to youtube just now. its pretty shaky. they actually went after a group of deer i didnt see. saw the deer running on the ridge top with one wolf right on their ass. he didnt get any. never did see the other two again.

they didnt skip a beat. got right into formation and off they went. i didnt realize what exactly they were doing until i saw those deer come out from behind that little dip, hauling ass. i'll be back after them this winter.

Great video... thats exactly why I pack a gun and practice out to 1K once or twice a month! Good luck!

Mike

Hunted 32 this weekend with wife. Saw more deer than I expected but no big ones.The bucks seemed to be starting to rut pretty good but the does didn't seem to interested yet.
I packed my long range gun just in case I saw a wolf. Did shoot a coyote but saw no wolves.

forgot to post an upate to my hunt! well, i spent the last seven days of the hunt up there and it was a blast. i was seeing anywhere from 6-10 bucks a day...maybe more. passed up quite a few the size of the one i ended up killing, but i'm glad i did. with this hunt, you never know when the "toad" will appear. and he did. i found a buck that i believed to be around 27"-28" wide. watched him for an hour, figured out my approach, and off i went. long story short is i missed....twice! funny part is, a buddy was up there hunting elk and got the buck on film, as i missed my second shot. he didnt know i was the hunter either. ha ha. after seeing the video when i got back in town, i was a little sick. i figure him right around 30". its hard to tell from the pics (captured then from the video). oh well, i had my shot. so after being sick for the last three days, i found a good buck and decided with only one day left before the season closed, i'd make a stalk. it worked out and i got a decent buck. the wide buck on the hoof is the big bastard i missed....and me, making my hike of shame after missing. ha ha. it was a great time. nothing like hunting bucks during the rut!!!
906007.jpg

4661010.jpg

3961036.jpg

9418038.jpg

8422039.jpg

402040.jpg

5951041.jpg

and my hike of shame:)
1039037.jpg

same buddy filmed this buck the day after my hunt closed. look at the height!!
5225042.jpg

Deepfork,

I think that me and my son watched the buck you killed for about an hour the morning of Nov 23rd. Please take a look at the photo and let me know what you think. He was with another little 3 point and was running maybe 5 to 6 does. We also cut this wolf track on the ridge top. I talked with the Gov trapper last week and he told me that this pack has been killing some cows lower in tue valley. Great buck and once again let me know what you think about this being the same buck.

bdf7aa9a.jpg

d5b19b44.jpg

thats cool. i'm sure thats him. short g3 on the left side gives it away. when we saw him, he was with 7/8 does, a smaller buck, and one that was fairly heavy. the area he was in consistently has deer in it. every morning i stopped on the bald dirt nob to glass who the new guys were for the day. ha ha. we were coming back from the desert and spotted him from across the big draw to the west. i killed him late afternoon on the 23rd. how did you and your boy do?

We didn't have a tag, was just up looking at the buck and dreaming of drawing that tag one year. Seen quite a few deer but to me seem way down this year. Not like it use to be. Winter kill, wolf, Fish & Game..... Alot of different factors but o well. Nice job and sorry about this miss on the big one.

I LIKED YOUR BUCK AND YOUR VIDEO OF THE WOLVES. CONGRATS !! IT'S A SHAME YOU WHERE NOT IN RANGE ON THOSE WOLVES.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom