36 & fire

bpnclark

My buddies and I are planning on deer hunting 36 and I was wondering how the fire is going. We?re not sure if we should change our plans or not. The area we are hunting is southwest of Stanley. If anyone was planning on hunting 36 are you still going???

Probably going to depend on when exactly you are hunting. If they can get the big fire in 39 and 43 under control by the rifle opener it should be fine but with the fire still going strong it will be somewhat smokey depending on wind direction and distance and such. All I know is the fire is going to displace a lot of hunters that normally hunt 39 and 43.

Hey guys, right now most of 36 that is easily accessable is closed due to the Halstead fire. Yankee Fork drainage is closed as the fire is about 2 miles from the creek. Cape Horn had the fire go through pretty hot so would not be the best. Not sure if you could access some via Boundry creek area. It depends on what the weather brings in the next month or so. Hope fore the best.

check out the Inciweb.org website, it will give you some great details on the fires, including perimeter maps.

36 might be tough, I think it is mostly burnt up! If you have a general tag you can hunt other zones.

Hwy 75 is closed just outside of lower Stanley. Might be an interesting year just getting to go hunt...

75 and the river is the fire break. If it gets over the river, things might get interesting. I called Stanley police today and they said that 75 out of lower Stanley is still closed. I have to get through there on Saturday to go hunting for 7 days. It would be rough to have to drive all the way around.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom