3D ranges in northern Utah southern Idaho?

Pooner

Hey guys I am wondering if there are any 3D ranges around, where I could go out and shoot. I have never been to range and think it would be great practice for the up coming season. Thanks in advance.

I am in Malad,so Logan would be closer, what the hours and contact on the cache one, and also the hill air force? I might look into both. Thanks

Pooner,

There is a range near Corinne called Salt Creek 3-D range. I make trips up there from Bountiful regularly. Some of the targets are hammered (or were a couple weeks ago when I went), but they still work and there are some tough and realistic shots to take.

Also, you can shoot at the range up by Mantua, but they are bags not "life form" targets.

Good luck.

FH

Hey MM, I'm on base every day as a Contractor. how do i become a member of Hill Archers?

Hey Topehaw you need to go ove to the gun range and get a member ship.

Topehaw,
Yea just go over to the rod and gun club and pay your 35.00. This will give you access to the upper range which has the bags out to 60 with lights. Its another 85.00 to shoot the 3d course or you can volunteer for activities and get it that way. Hope that helps.

I live right by the base, can an every day Joe get on to use the gun club and archery range or do need to have a base pass to get in?

http://www.saltcreek3d.com/. elkhunter96 try this. the site has not been updated for a couple years,but the map is good and the course is set up pretty much the same. i am one of the guys who run it.one of the posts was right when they said some of the targets were beat up a couple weeks ago. we did go through and change a few of them. one of the guys who helped us build it(my brother) has moved to california and has one more year til he is back so we struggled this year to keep up. there are alot of guys shooting it as the hunt is starting in like 12 days. NOt really a good excuse for letting it get a little hammered,but my brother and I drew the archery bookcliff tag and are a little trunky to get down there and find a big one.
I may be biased , but I still think it is a fun and challanging course and you would not be disappointed. I would be interested on others comments who have shot it.good and bad. My number is 435-279-0880 Email -- [email protected]
Thanks for reading. Layne

Thanks Layne, I have your contact info written down. I will give you a call. Does your family own a fence company out that way. I could have sworn there were some Julanders that did fencing that way...

Have fun at hunting the books, I did the archery elk hunt there last year and really enjoyed the experience.

Yes my cousin josh and his dad do the fencing. our range is just south east of bear river where they have their fencing business.look forward to talking to you if i can help. there were like 4 or 5 trucks there at 8:30 tonight. its ramping up as everyine wants to hone in on the sweet spots. thnks, layne

I actually did a Colorado late season elk hunt with Josh and your uncle about 8-10 years ago. Good guys. He has also done a little taxidermy work for my dad and me as well. I used to work for the fence company where Josh and his dad bought their fencing equipment (dandy digger).

I may wait until the season starts to avoid all of the crowds.

Thanks Bryce

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom