3rd or 4th?????

mdbrown

Long Time Member
with this years 3rd hunt being so late do you think that it will have a major effect on the 4th hunt? yes, there will be less people hunting the 4th but do you think the quality of the hunt will be less because of all of the 3rd season hunters hunting so late? Larry

Because of the dates and extended 3rd, I think there will be more bucks and more older bucks killed during the 3rd than if the dates were earlier and it was still a 7 day hunt.
SO, YES, quality will be lesser during the 4th.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

I agree! Sometimes when we don't have a storm between the third and fourth season it seems like the 4th season is just the leftovers from the 3rd season. Because the 2 seasons are so close together it sometimes is not even as good as the 3rd. But if we get a storm between the 3rd and 4th it will help the 4th. And also the 4th gets you that much closer to the start of the rut.
Jerad
Colorado Hunting Consultants LLC
www.cohunthelp.com

I've seen bigger bucks ruttin pretty hard a week or so into Nov. I don't think it would be any better later in Nov.

The BIG benefit to the 4th is there are so few people in the woods compared to the 2nd or 3rd. I've helped friends on the 4th a few times and it is really nice to see very few people. That 2nd & 3rd season can be crowded.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom