4th season deer 77, 78, 771

elkz

If the backdoor deal is working I should have drawn this tag. Anyone have any information they are willing to share on 4th season deer 77, 78, 771? General or specific. I am from NM and willing to share information on units in NM. Thanks in advance.

I was of the understanding that there was quite a lot of public property in these units. Are you saying that by 4th season most of the deer will be pushed into private, or that it is mostly private in general?

Don't get too worried about the Private land issue. The unit I hunt has lots of private, and we hunt mostly BLM around the private, and do well during the November hunts. It is absolutely true that MOST of the bucks will likely be on private by mid November, but they will almost certainly be completely silly in the rut during 4th this year. They will follow a doe, anywhere, including onto public, happens all the time.

go a few days early, if you can, and find the does. This mature bucks will be close by.

Good luck! wish I had drawn my tag this year

I would definitely look at the winter deer concentration areas that overlap on top of public ground and then check out those areas (it might be a bit limited). Lots of the deer in 77,78 and 771 move through the unit to winter on 751 (mostly Southern Ute) or even into New Mexico.

Maps will be your best friend, It's sometimes takes some doing but it can be done getting between the private land and the bedding area's. Sometime it a long haul getting to the backside of the private But it will be worth the trouble because even on private land they are getting pressure. Find big blocks of private that have a lot of does then start looking for those Public land that they bed down on. Sometimes it a hit or miss deal. But that walk will tell ya pretty quick if there is a bunch of tracks leaving the private if you are in the gold or no tracks then you are just having a nice armed walk in nature.

I like hunting around private because they have the most food, water and gals

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Deer will be on the move come then. Big bucks could be anywhere. I like the idea of hunting on the borders of the private.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom