50X extra whitetail tag

kestump

I know that the whitetail populations seems to be mainly limited to the river bottoms in SE Idaho. I've seen them along the South Fork and the Teton River. The Teton being mainly surrounded by private land, I'm curious if anyone knows of a landowner that might be willing to grant permission to hunt? Also looking for any known pockets of whitetail population around Island Park and along the base of the Centennials for the latter part of the season?

I'm not looking for the haunts of any huge whitetail bucks, just a place where I might be able to put an extra doe in the freezer.

I understand that some folks might think I'm asking for sensitive information, but the internet is a wealth of information sharing and it never hurts to ask.

Thanks for any info!

Call regional f&g office many regions have people in office who deal specifically with landowner complaints. They might have a list or name they can let u have. U can also go to county assessor website and see names are attached to parcels Google search or white pages names and cold call." Internet is a wealth of information " good luck whitetail deer on farm land should generate a yes especially if your only asking for does only.

go out in the sage past all the alfalfa fields. The whiteys go hole up in the tall stuff. They also love the spud fields after harvest. All the country between 33 and the dunes holds whiteys. (and it isn't limited to short range.) The private land CAN be overrated, as it is all pounded pretty hard.

Find a landowner. The last post may have been true in the past but it's overrun with people. Thanks to posts like the one above. It should all be short range. I have had bullets lobbed at me several times. Also the deer numbers are very low. Oh and there are parts of it that are short range so be careful might get a ticket.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom