It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

>6.5 credmoores ? energy at 800
>yards with a 143 grain
>bullet is only 835 ft-lbs.
>. A 408 energy at
>800 yards is 4550 ft-lbs.
>What's a Creedmoor at the
>muzzle half that ?

And the 50bmg is nearly 14,000 ft lbs at the muzzle, 7800 ft lbs at 800 yards. The .408 Cheytac does shoot flatter but it doesn't hit nearly as hard.

>>6.5 300 Weatherby with a
>>127 LRx has nearly
>>1800 ft pounds at 500
>>yards
>
>
>And a barrel life to die
>for....

It's a hunting rifle for me not a target rifle .

>>>6.5 300 Weatherby with a
>>>127 LRx has nearly
>>>1800 ft pounds at 500
>>>yards
>>
>>
>>And a barrel life to die
>>for....
>
>
> It's a hunting rifle
>for me not a target
>rifle .

Rifle barrels are consumables. What are you planning on, saving it for your great-grandkids. Shoot it up and re-barrel, rinse, reload and repeat.

>>>I'm a 6.5x47 Lapua fan myself.
>>>I refer to the creed
>>>as the ?man bun gun?
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos_2018/925030bcddd3cd3c642a9a5284327a4f9c296.jpeg
>>
>>man-bun boys don't even shoot, do
>>they? I always picture the
>>6.5 needmore as the flat-brimmers
>>cartridge.
>
>
>Na flatbrimmers like the big mags.
>28 nos, 300 ultra, 30-378,
>338 Lapuas and so forth
>from what I've seen.
>
>Coloradoboy

Wrong. Shooting a .300 RUM since 2000. Never been a flat brim on my head. Brimmers ain't got the balls for a RUM. Unless it's braked. mtmuley

>>>>6.5 300 Weatherby with a
>>>>127 LRx has nearly
>>>>1800 ft pounds at 500
>>>>yards
>>>
>>>
>>>And a barrel life to die
>>>for....
>>
>>
>> It's a hunting rifle
>>for me not a target
>>rifle .
>
>
>Rifle barrels are consumables. What are
>you planning on, saving it
>for your great-grandkids. Shoot it
>up and re-barrel, rinse, reload
>and repeat.
I bought a set of dies but Weatherby won't give the load data for the Barnes .

>>>>I'm a 6.5x47 Lapua fan myself.
>>>>I refer to the creed
>>>>as the ?man bun gun?
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos_2018/925030bcddd3cd3c642a9a5284327a4f9c296.jpeg
>>>
>>>man-bun boys don't even shoot, do
>>>they? I always picture the
>>>6.5 needmore as the flat-brimmers
>>>cartridge.
>>
>>
>>Na flatbrimmers like the big mags.
>>28 nos, 300 ultra, 30-378,
>>338 Lapuas and so forth
>>from what I've seen.
>>
>>Coloradoboy
>
>Wrong. Shooting a .300 RUM since
>2000. Never been a flat
>brim on my head. Brimmers
>ain't got the balls for
>a RUM. Unless it's braked.
>mtmuley

Well I've shoot majority of my elk for the last decade with a 300 RUM with a break sporting a bent bill. So that makes me confused I guess?

Coloradoboy

LAST EDITED ON Jan-01-19 AT 09:07PM (MST)[p]>>>>>I'm a 6.5x47 Lapua fan myself.
>>>>>I refer to the creed
>>>>>as the ?man bun gun?
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos_2018/925030bcddd3cd3c642a9a5284327a4f9c296.jpeg
>>>>
>>>>man-bun boys don't even shoot, do
>>>>they? I always picture the
>>>>6.5 needmore as the flat-brimmers
>>>>cartridge.
>>>
>>>
>>>Na flatbrimmers like the big mags.
>>>28 nos, 300 ultra, 30-378,
>>>338 Lapuas and so forth
>>>from what I've seen.
>>>
>>>Coloradoboy
>>
>>Wrong. Shooting a .300 RUM since
>>2000. Never been a flat
>>brim on my head. Brimmers
>>ain't got the balls for
>>a RUM. Unless it's braked.
>>mtmuley
>
>Well I've shoot majority of my
>elk for the last decade
>with a 300 RUM with
>a break sporting a bent
>bill. So that makes me
>confused I guess?
>
>Coloradoboy

Yep, flat brimmers are fuzzy nuts. Can't shoot real guns. My kids Red Ryder hits steel harder at 1,000 yards than a Creedmore ;-)

>>Took mine out again yesterday, our
>>750 target didn't even challenge
>>it.
>>I love this cute little round!
>>
>
>
>My RUM ain't even warmed up
>at 750. mtmuley

RUM?
Awe those are cute to, my Lapua chews those up and spits them out ???

Sounds like a couple 6 year old boys bragging about how big their dads guns are. Started with a Creedmore and now comparing it to a RUM or Lapua.

>Sounds like a couple 6 year
>old boys bragging about how
>big their dads guns are.
>Started with a Creedmore and
>now comparing it to a
>RUM or Lapua.

Oh Yeah? Well your dad shoots a .17hm2, so take that. And your momma wears army boots ;-)

>Sounds like a couple 6 year
>old boys bragging about how
>big their dads guns are.
>Started with a Creedmore and
>now comparing it to a
>RUM or Lapua.

Lol...my prod was meant in humor and fun.
I shoot several calibers from .17HMR up to 338LM and everything in between.
I didn't jump on the RUM bandwagon because I am completely satisfied with my 300 Weatherby mag.

It used the be all about faster and flatter trajectories, but with all of the many turret tactical scopes choices, even a plain old 270 win is capable of consistent longer range accuracy.

Poke a hole in a heart or lung and it's going to die dosent matter what kind of hat or hair the shooter has.

I agree and have always said a hole through the heart is still a hole through the heart, no matter the size. I don't know though, some knuckleheads think it best for the bullet to remove a shoulder on its way through to the heart? There?s a picture of that earlier in this thread. I guess a big gun works better to glaze over bad shot. That said, a 6.5 is a great gun but like any other gun, just realize its limits.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-03-19 AT 10:09AM (MST)[p]I'm guilty of being a gun nut and a 6.5mm fan. The saying goes, put a hole in their lungs and they will die holds true. I've seen multiple elk fall to 6.5s now. My wife has taken two elk now with my 6.5x47 with one shot kills. Watched a bull tip over in 20 yards with one shot from a 6.5 creedmoor at 575 with a 140vld. I've killed a couple bulls now with a 6.5x284 and 26 nosler out past what most would think is effective range. With that being said my personal go to elk gun will always be a 300 ultra mag with 220 eldx?s. But from my personal experience a 6.5 creedmoor, 6.5x47 Lapua, 260 Remington, 6.5x55 are capable elk guns paired with the proper bullet and understanding your guns limitations. Heck, my old man and uncles have killed piles of elk with a 25-06 paired with a 117 Sierra back when it was the only gun they owned. I think what rubs people the wrong way with the 6.5 creed is a fair amount of people who are truly naive to ballistics and energy. Buy them thinking they are instantly a ?long range shooter? and have a 1000 yard capable elk rifle.

Coloradoboy

No all joking aside it's nationwide. It's a very efficient SA 6.5mm. Very popular in match shoots as well. Honestly it's a great deer, antelope, and sheep sized gun. Most of them, especially if handloaded will produce 1/2 MOA accuracy. It's a great youth/woman round that has little recoil and tons of options. I don't find much need to drag a big 30cal out deer hunting theses days. I'm probably going to run a 6mm creedmoor or 6xc for deer and antelope from here on out.

Coloradoboy

My son bought one last year to tinker with,the cheap RAP in 6.5.we sighted it in with hornady gmx getting prepped to be California compliant and it shots the copper round well for what we need.In it's fist year it has killed one bull elk and three decent sized mule deer.

....does it kill decent sized mule deer deader than little ones or big ones????

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

GOODWIN: Dems really do love Republicans -- when they're dead...

LAST EDITED ON Jan-04-19 AT 11:12AM (MST)[p]Yes it seems to be attracted to 6 point bucks

Zeke, it was sure nice of you to offer to change my 243 into a 6.5 creed the other day! Lol. One day I'll have you build me a gun, but it won't be one of those! I need a gun to be able to at least get close to 3000fps or better. Speed kills.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

My 129's and 130's are chronographed at 3000 fps with 44.2 grains of Reloder 16 in a Lapua case which make it a nice little deer / coyote / target gun in my book.

We've all agreed that it's not the rip-snort cartridge to end all cartridges. That's why it's just one of many different chamberings that I use for a variety of purposes.

If the goal is ONLY a big game hunting round, there are better choices out there. Is it fun to shoot? Sure, as are many others rounds are, like my AR in .556. It's fun but the .223 is not for big game IMHO.

I still can't figure out what the "debate" is all about since every guy on here bashing the round touts that they shoot and load many cartridges and I'll bet they're not all 300 mag and up!

Zeke

#livelikezac

> Dammit Zeke. I had convinced
>myself I didnt want one
>and now I do again.
>

Just to get back at bessy? Lol

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Gringo - you are exactly right.

No idea why the brand spanking new 6.5 creedmoor is something that has never been seen before and it is unmatched. :)

Elk do deserve something better than that.

Sure you can kill an elk with it, I can also kill a moose with my boys pellet gun......doesn't mean you should.

>Gringo - you are exactly right.
>
>
>No idea why the brand spanking
>new 6.5 creedmoor is something
>that has never been seen
>before and it is unmatched.
>:)
>
>Elk do deserve something better than
>that.
>
>Sure you can kill an elk
>with it, I can also
>kill a moose with my
>boys pellet gun......doesn't mean you
>should.

I've witnessed a lot of elk tip over in my short life and I've found they are not biased whether a 110 grainer or a 300 grainer takes their lungs/heart out. The idea of getting the biggest gun possible to account for piss poor shot placement humors me. As a hunter, guide and someone who respects elk as much as the next guy I will take a guy shooting a 140 grainer out of a 6.5 creedmoor accurately versus the guy jerking dirty on a 30 cal mag thinking it will ycompensate his chitty abilities on an
elk. Bottom line; elk deserve good shot placement and good bullets.

Coloradoboy

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom