60 lbs of Calamari

BuckSnort

Long Time Member
Went Squid fishing with some friends and fam...We had a good time caught a few squid and a bunch of sand dabs..Also pulled some crab pots and got enough for a nice crab boil..

squid4.jpg

My buddy's wife was a trooper reeling in a good sized squid from 500 feet is strenuous..

squid5.jpg

squid3.jpg

squid.jpg

Decent sized sand dabs

squid1.jpg

Pile of crab

squid8.jpg

Lots of Calamari

squid7.jpg

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Nice job Snort!
Do they Gut 3 bait fish at a time?
And do they put up a fight?

>More ink there than on Kat
>Von D's body. Cool pics,

>

Got any pics to prove it???? LOL

MMM squid. Blech. Hope you enjoy it. So if you are fishing for squid, which is usually used for bait - what did you use for bait then?

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Hey BuckSnort

Where did you go out of? I know they have been knocking the snot out of them out of Bodega Bay.

- Rich

So if you are
>fishing for squid, which is
>usually used for bait -
>what did you use for
>bait then?
>
>
You should know better than to question the baiting techniques of a certified master baiter such as Snort.

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Awesome catch and pics. I love calamari, but have no idea what part of the squid it is. Do you eat the whole thing, or just the tentacles?

Nice BS! That looks like a good time for sure.

Sand dabs are the best! It's all yummy!

Eel

Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

I'm obviously not the guy who caught them, but can answer zekers and hell on wheels questions. First, you can eat the tentacles and the mantle both. The mantle is where you get the calamari steaks from. As for how the fight, squid are very strong fighters, even the little ones. They're very aggresive, and will hit most baits presented to them. We've caught them in the past on live sardines, but also chunked dead bait. The most common way I've seen them caught, though, is just using a plain old squid jig. Squid jigs are relatively heavy, and some are luminescent. They have a series of non-barbed hooks on the bottom that radiate out all the way around the base and any squid that grabs onto the jig is hooked. With no barbs, as soon as you get them on-board and turn the jib upside down, they fall right off.

They're mean as hell and dangerous if you're not careful. Their beak is extremely sharp and strong and can severely injure you if you get your hand close enough to be bitten. You also do not want them to grab you with their tentacles.

>
>They're mean as hell and dangerous
>if you're not careful.
>Their beak is extremely sharp
>and strong and can severely
>injure you if you get
>your hand close enough to
>be bitten. You also
>do not want them to
>grab you with their tentacles.
>

.............you might get "mean as hell" also when someone is about to cut off YOUR testicles.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-19-10 AT 07:35PM (MST)[p]>You should know better than to
>question the baiting techniques of
>a certified master baiter such
>as Snort.
>
>
You are a BAD friend, 45! LMAO

We love ya, Snort, but he is so correct, Roy. LOL ;-)

And who is that hottie 2nd from the right?

>>
>>They're mean as hell and dangerous
>>if you're not careful.
>>Their beak is extremely sharp
>>and strong and can severely
>>injure you if you get
>>your hand close enough to
>>be bitten. You also
>>do not want them to
>>grab you with their tentacles.
>>
>
>
>.............you might get "mean as hell"
>also when someone is about
>to cut off YOUR testicles.

UHH, I don't recall squid having testicles. Tentacles yes, testicles no. Either way, keep your hands AND TESTICLES away from their tentacles, and BEAK.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom